poppz is offline Senior Member

Chest workout advice needed

fellas, my workout consists of incline,regular ,decline bench. Im feeling pumped in the gym but im not getting that sore feeling later on or the next day,,why is this? Im benching 80% ,5 or 6 sets each. Should I go 60 or 70% weight limit with more reps? Or should I change up to pull exercises??

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Not being sore doesn't always mean you're not making gains. How long have you been using your current program? May be time to change it up. Maybe throw in some db's and flyes.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Hows your form? How much rest between sets?

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Your secondary targeted muscles (triceps) are going to fail before your primary (chest) does. Try hitting some drop sets. Or pre-exhaust sets.

I.e., 10 reps of dumbbell flys, rest 10-20 seconds, 5-8 reps of your 80%. 3 sets and call me in the morning

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Don't judge a workout by how sore you are.... Judge it by your progress....

Are you adding weight or reps to the bar each week?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Trenton is offline New Member
    Like others have said, it's most likely time to change your routine in some manner. If you're using barbell for all three of your presses, try switching some of them to dumbbell. If you're already mixing your routine up that way, add just a little bit of weight to each movement every session. Last but not least, you might want to throw a different exercise in your routine. Try some cable crossovers, or try the floor press, or superset one of your exercises with a plyometric exercise.

Good luck,
    Trenton

N when you've done all that.

Try giving urself a reload. Ur CnS a break. N prime ready for another 3mo the+burst.

Just come out a 2 week reload with only 1xmedium intensity full upper body then 2nd week full lower body session.

Now going back to my 5 day routine. Day one.
    Legs.

Now can hardly walk hahaa;-) luv it. Sometimes u can end up going over kill when all u need to do is re prime yourself/deload for couple weeks. Then hit it hard again to stimulate more growth.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I've been doing 5x5's for chest on the flat bench. So far I've increased weight every week (3 weeks now) and will again next week. I don't get too sore but the weekly increase is a good indicator it's working. Also doing incline db benches and incline flys (3 sets of 8-10 each), both of which have also gone up (in reps and/or weight) each week.

I do try to keep my form perfect with no bouncing. This does make it harder but makes me less prone to injury I think. I feel it works the muscle better also.

fbomb1990 is offline New Member
    Rep change, or added weight will help

Sorry fellas for the late response,,yes I do switch up occasionally to db presses,yes my weight has increased to what im lifting, yes my triceps are sore after workouts,my form is good I believe,i try bring it up and down at regular pace,no bouncing, ,,now im trying dropsets to failure ,see how that will work,on flys,,,by the time I get to do flys,my shoulders,arms hurt to continue,

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    What's the reason for this thread?

Is it because your not sore after a chest workout? If so that has already been covered, its not an issue....

So what do you need advise on? Is your chest training progressive?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

bigstack88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPectorial View Post
    N when you've done all that.

Try giving urself a reload. Ur CnS a break. N prime ready for another 3mo the+burst.

Just come out a 2 week reload with only 1xmedium intensity full upper body then 2nd week full lower body session.

Now going back to my 5 day routine. Day one.
    Legs.

Now can hardly walk hahaa;-) luv it. Sometimes u can end up going over kill when all u need to do is re prime yourself/deload for couple weeks. Then hit it hard again to stimulate more growth.
    I did a four hour leg today and feel amazing..and kinda sore. But i love legs

Because I wasnt feeling the sore feeling I felt I wasnt progressing. I guess im use to the sore feeling the next day on other muscles and not getting it out of chest an asummed I wasnt pushing it.but u guys cleared that up.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Don't judge it by how sore your on next day. If you got a pump and you knew that you did the exercises with good form then its okay to not feel sore on the next day.

Hopefully your nutrition is in check especially pre and post workout nutrition

Just remember to strech after your workouts it really helps(Isometric Stretching).

Like others said it might be that you need a change in your routine. Just change the days that you work your certain bodyparts and play with sets and reps a little bit.

Thread Information