cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Aerobic 2x a day ?

I know this site is mostly geared towards body building, and getting big muscles and all that jazz. That used to be my main goal, but lately things have changed.

I signed up for a competition to run Firefit, and I compete in two weeks. If anyone is interested what it is you can check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se_-mhQhmZM

I've never trained for anything like this, really got into the cardio/crossfit style work outs about a month ago.

Basically my question is is it feasible to do aerobic exercise 2x a day ? Usually it consists of treadmill work on an incline, running backwards on an incline, wearing a weighted vest the whole time. Is it the same as anaerobic where you shouldn't over do it?

Any help is appreciated

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    Back in the day we had two-a-days for football... in August for 14 days straight with only Sundays off, all day every day in the Texas summer heat with full gear. Start at 6 AM and get a two hour lunch break where we'd engorge on cheap pizza buffets and then race off to nap as much as we could. Those were the days...

Question though - how long are your aerobic workouts? If this is shorter sprint work and especially if you are just doing it for two weeks, then I wouldn't think it an issue. If you are running 8 - 10+ miles a pop, however, then that may be a different story. But with a weight vest I don't see that happening.

I don't do any long distance running. Its all interval training, usually treadmill or stepper, all out, rest, all out rest...that kind of stuff.
    Same with weights, its all super sets, heavy, lots of body stuff like chins and pushups/dips. I haven't done a bicep curl in over a month lol.

As far as the length goes, I usually giver for 15-20 min on the treadmill doing an assortment of stuff, long distance running I've never been a fan of.
    If you watched that video, its at the end of the circuit where you have to drag the dummy where most people fall short, by then you are gassed and got nothing left in the tank.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Especially since you compete in 2 weeks, you'll be fine.
    That's how I set up my training for The Tough Mudder. I'm not a runner at all, but like your event, you have to have enough endurance to finish strong.

Let us know how it goes!

Will do, I've always wanted to try tough mudder, it looks like a blast!!
    Have you ever done it ? Where abouts was the course

Thread Information