clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

Cardio during your contest prep(final week)

All over the net doing research on how to approach cardio in your final week of prep. very debateable issue do it ul look more shredded dont do it ul look flat n small. Whats everyone think

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Matters who you are. We are each different. Just like the last 5 days guys do different things to not look flat but still shredded.

I know my buddy does no to low carbs the last 3 weeks and high high protein with 1.5 to 2 hours if cardio ed.

To follow someone exactly might be w disaster for you. Thats why its good to get a few local shows under your belt

N ppl put themselves in a state of dehydration too to look as dry as possible. But don't ask me how or what they use. Whatever you do take care and good luck with the show. I'm sure someone used a hair dryer all over themselves minutes before stepping out for vascularity too.
    Good luck

Giggle is offline Female Member
    So true, everyone is different.
    It may be different if you are holding water or not, but the usual protocol when I was competing was: on Monday, half the amount of time I had been the previous week. On Tuesday, half that again. On Wednesday half that again (and this was the last day of cardio, and the last training day as well).
    Then just concentrate on resting, posing, and the last few days of the diet.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    Pretty much the answer that seems correct coming from a knowledged crowd. u gotta do What works for you and the only way you'll be able to find out is with trial and error. Thanks guys. I'm not competing in any shows just yet I'm actually taking my vacation as my show date n will Take pictures as my contest. Thanks for the help im actually followinga more physique type finalweek out wich calls for no cardio the last seven days its kinda of scary the thought Of no cardio But as I said trial and error so I'll go with it and see how the outcome is thanks again

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Some water cycle, some sodium cycle, some HIIT cardio, Some LISS, Low carbs during peak week then blast them pre-show. there are a million "tricks" to look good on stage. I heard of one competitor eating a shit ton of jelly beans (simple carbs) a few hours before hitting stage. What I don't get is some people drop carbs sooooo low during prep they are walking zombies.

Look up Layne Norton and read some of his stuff on show prep. It's a lot for the ladies but the theories apply to both genders. Also Paluine Nordin has some great advice on living lean 24/7 and only really needing to step it up a little bit for a show.

Thread Information