bently is offline Associate Member

Training log app?

Does anyone know a good app for logging progress? I've tried three so far and they all suck. I found one that was easy to input data in but didn't have a graph section for progress. They one that had graphs required u to scroll through numbers while standing on one leg to enter lbs. and reps.

They all have clunky interfaces. I'm going to say screw it and just go back to the notebook. iPhone by the way. Thanks.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on what kind of lifting you do. I started out with the stronglifts app which was great because all I was doing was squats, bench, deadlifts, oh press and rows. (it is free)

Strong - Workout Tracker ($2.99) - good if you are using starting strength workout or stronglifts. Designed for a progressive barbell routine.

What I do for me - I use stronglifts because the interface is very simple for my 5 basic lifts and then I have a whiteboard (home gym) where I track the other lifts I have added.

If your iphone is jailbroke I can point you in the direction of "free" apps.

Thanks brother ill check it out. I do a Mentzer style lift. Low sets heavy weight. A mix of free weights and machines.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    I use Full Fitness it's not free but IMHO worth the $2

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Had a look at it evander.

They do have a Full Fitness Lite : Exercise Workout Trainer which is the free version. Would be worth checking it out to see if you like the layout before spending the $2. I know $2 isn't much but no reason to buy the car when you can just take it for a test drive.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what features are in the lite and full version. One of the things I really love about the app is you can take progress pictures. I build custom workouts, however I do have some lifts that aren't in their database and thats a little frustrating but I deal with it.

Thanks for all the replies brothers. I'll try all the freebies first. I agree in this economy $2 ain't chump change. Lol!

Thread Information