KingJ243 is offline New Member

Training On Cycle vs Off Cycle

I've been scouring forums and reading articles recently for information on this topic and I've seen a whole variety of thoughts and answers. Personally, I believe while geared, since recovery time is lowered and protein synthesis is increased, shouldn't training frequency be increased? The counter-argument would be that you would run the risk of overtraining. However, if you aren't increasing load (weight moved per rep/set) and intensity is kept the same, would an increase in the volume used (as a result of increased frequency) really result in overtraining? I'm especially curious to see if anyone has increased frequency specifically in potentially lagging muscle groups that respond better to higher volume work, i.e. Biceps, Calves and Traps. Any thoughts?

- J.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I don't change my routines whether on or off. The intensity naturally increases on aas so I go with it but I'm also pushing heavier weights so it works out to same training days, same rotations, same sets and reps but increased load. The result is the same - train to total failure and crawl home crying

Thread Information