Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By yeahbuddy289
  • 2 Post By kronik420
  • 1 Post By Giggle

Thread: Something I dont understand about HIT

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Something I dont understand about HIT

From my understanding you do two warm up sets- one at 10-12 reps...another at 8-10 reps then one working set where you do a drop set or if you have a spotter you do negatives/forced reps.

So lets say its chest day... i first do incline db press. I do my two warm up sets... then my working set. Then I move on to flat db press... it seems redundant to do another two "warm up sets" doesnt it? And if im doing two sets of a moderately heavy weight isnt that taking away from the maximum amount of weight I could be doing in my working set?

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    It's one feeler set and then the working set. The feeler set is used to get an idea of what weight youre going to use on youre working set. HIT is an advanced method. You need to be at a level with your mind and body where you can train instinctively, which works out well because I don't think the cns and muscles in a beginner or intermediate level athlete could deal with the stress IMO.

Read.this thread:
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...ary%2A%2A.html

By time you get through that you shouldn't have any questions about HIT but if you do, that's where you'd want to ask.

Been reading that thread... also read the thread marcus posted about HIT with the dorian yates videos and that is how dorian did HIT in the videos (2 warm up/ feeler sets) and one working set per exercise.
    Java Man likes this.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    i do a few warm up sets to start with, after that it's just 1 feel set (to see what weight ill be using for my working set) and then 1 working set for each exercise.. after that there is no need for warm up sets..

HIT training feels so weird to me because im out of the gym in 30 minutes... but im always sore the next day. I feel like people look at me weird because they are there for an hour plus and im in and out lol.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    HIT training feels so weird to me because im out of the gym in 30 minutes... but im always sore the next day. I feel like people look at me weird because they are there for an hour plus and im in and out lol.
    get used to it..

it's like that every time i go in there, people are already working out when i get there, and then when i leave, they are still working out... and funny thing is, they are the same size as they were a year ago..
    Java Man and ZenBro like this.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    Also called efficiency... just my experience too, once I tried HIT my regular weight max dropped for many exercises. Just the way it went for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    get used to it..

it's like that every time i go in there, people are already working out when i get there, and then when i leave, they are still working out... and funny thing is, they are the same size as they were a year ago..
    Lmao! Same in my gym.

Been reading that thread... also read the thread marcus posted about HIT with the dorian yates videos and that is how dorian did HIT in the videos (2 warm up/ feeler sets) and one working set per exercise.
    It's a video, intended to be a HIT intro that gets the point across generally. Two feelers isn't necessary. On occasion I'll do an extra feeler if I misjudged the weight but the goal is to work the muscle to beyond failure in one all out set and gtfo so you can eat and recover.

It does feel odd, like youre not doing enough and it definitely takes some getting used to but if executed correctly you can get better results in half the time than other methods.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    You know what else is true - after HIT, we walk out sweatier. It's such a different fatigue than how it felt to train longer but less intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Lmao! Same in my gym.
    Java Man likes this.

Thread Information