Blackmambar is offline Junior Member

Question about burning while training

Hi Guys,

I have a question - I've noticed for example when I do back workouts if I do bent over bar rows (heavy) and some other back exercises once I get to the lat pull down machines during the end and start doing that my lats do not burn when performing the movement, they just eventually give out and I cannot do anymore.

However! When I do lat pull downs as the first exercise my lats fricken burn. Please also note I'm still able to more or less perform the same amount of weight and reps during the end of my workout as I would if I did it right from the start, just minus the burn.

I also noticed this to a lesser extent for example when doing tri exercises after chest. My tries give in but don't burn. If I do tris with shoulders they friecken burn.

Is there a science behind this. Is it because certain fibres have been used up during the initial heavy back movement that it causes the burn to cease during the more isolated movements?
    Anyone have experience with this. It really makes my lats more enjoyable to hit doing it last without the burn cause if I do them first they fricken burn so much its unbearable...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I had a similar experience with tris and I've found (for me at least) that stretching my tris when going from say, skullcrushers to incline bench, that a slow, stretch helps.....no bouncing type movements, just a gradual stretch.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blackmambar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I had a similar experience with tris and I've found (for me at least) that stretching my tris when going from say, skullcrushers to incline bench, that a slow, stretch helps.....no bouncing type movements, just a gradual stretch.

but the thing is, is that i prefer for the muscle to not burn. If i can lift the same weight and reps minus the burn I'll take it! I would just like to know if there is a reason behind what causes this?

Thread Information