Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member

Working Out...Help Thanks

How many days a week do y'all workout? Weights or cardio?

I have been going 6 doing cardio [25 min] all 6 and lifting. I am trying to only go for 5 for a few weeks. But man I feel like a sorry ass typing this because I'm not at the gym. Just keep telling myself its OK. Feel like I am cheating myself. But also need a break? I dunno

What is yalls take?
    Last edited by Bodacious; 10-31-2013 at 09:15 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Moving this to the workout section.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I workout 4 days a week and try to do some cardio everyday. My cardio isn't hardcore though. Usually, it is a 4 mile walk in the morning at around 1 hour. Usually a minute or 2 over. Sometimes I bike fopr an hour and sometimes elliptical (45 minutes) but according to endomondo I am burning approximatley the same calories on all.

That being said, I am in the weight loss phase of my life and eat below TDEE also. I tend to focus more on the weight loss than the lifting but I do my workout religiously even if I am sometimes a little burnt out. Especially squats. My weight has dropped in squats because of my legs being fatigued.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Anyone else...I guess what I am asking is 6 days to much? Is it OK to only do 5?

I try to workout each muscle once a week. I do cardio everyday I go to the gym.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, your body will tell you when you haven't recovered enough. I can do one workout this week and do the same next week and be more sore next week because I pushed it harder, lifted heavier, did more sets. It all changes.

I know when I am doing squats that I can't push as hard as I want because of all the cardio. I'm ok with that. If your workouts start declining, odds are that you aren't recovering enough. Same if they aren't progressing. Nobody knows you r body better than you.

gymguy1990 is offline New Member
    I feel like 6 days might be to much but I guess it depends on a lot of factors, one main factor being nutrition.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    How many days a week do y'all workout? Weights or cardio?

I have been going 6 doing cardio [25 min] all 6 and lifting. I am trying to only go for 5 for a few weeks. But man I feel like a sorry ass typing this because I'm not at the gym. Just keep telling myself its OK. Feel like I am cheating myself. But also need a break? I dunno

What is yalls take?

it's not about how many days you go or how long you stay there, it's about what you do when your there..

i couldn't do 6 days a week with the way i train.. 4 is more than enough.. my body needs to rest after i destroy it in the 30-45 minutes that i'm there for..

Thread Information