Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Should Shoulders Be Maximized on Cycle?

  1. #1
    TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    1

    Should Shoulders Be Maximized on Cycle?

    Hey guys

    So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles.

    But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan.

    So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    Last edited by TheS1tch; 11-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,093
    Insignificant muscles like legs? IMO, the core of all strength stems from the legs. What good is it to pick up heavy shit with your arms if your legs cannot hold it? Show me someone with muscular legs and I will show you someone who is the true definition of strength.

    I fear you may have a bit of the jersey shore mentality thinking that big arms is the only way to impress the chicks.

  3. #3
    Giggle's Avatar
    Giggle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    837
    Welcome to the site! There's a lot to learn here. READ!
    To me legs are the most significant muscle to train. You'll never regret building a great muscular base - and it all rests on your legs.

  4. #4
    EasyDoesIt's Avatar
    EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    933
    Legs are the foundation. Welcome!

  5. #5
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    OP you are an absolute joke, you have no business cycling with your stats let alone you not wanting to train legs or chest or back. Too tough for you, too much like hard work?

    Yep, just train shoulders and biceps, you should get huge.

    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  6. #6
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    OP you are an absolute joke, you have no business cycling with your stats let alone you not wanting to train legs or chest or back. Too tough for you, too much like hard work?

    Yep, just train shoulders and biceps, you should get huge.

    Lol. Dieting BiB?

    Squats, deadlifts, bb shoulder presses, incline benches, bb lat pulls, cleans. Those are the core strength builders. Do those. You don't need direct iso movements until you have something to shape. No direct arm work is necessary. They will grow from indirect work from those compounds above.

    Do that for a year, eat like an ogre and come back to ask about cycling.

  7. #7
    bigsiv's Avatar
    bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North east England
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch
    Hey guys So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles. But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan. So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    You can train every muscle group with the time you have. 4 x 40 mins a week is plenty. Read Marcus diary for his use on hit training

  8. #8
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Lol. Dieting BiB?

    Squats, deadlifts, bb shoulder presses, incline benches, bb lat pulls, cleans. Those are the core strength builders. Do those. You don't need direct iso movements until you have something to shape. No direct arm work is necessary. They will grow from indirect work from those compounds above.

    Do that for a year, eat like an ogre and come back to ask about cycling.
    Ha, no not dieting bud

    Just don't suffer fools gladly. This guy is 6'3 and weighed 163 @ 15% 4 months ago. He reckons he is now 176 at the same bodyfat. So, he is either lying or knows the secret to gaining a whole lb of solid muscle every 9 days for 4 months, naturally.

    Either way he isn't ready to cycle with his stats.

    Check his thread history, as soon as anybody questions his stats and knowledge he disappears and never returns.

    And now this thread! The guys a joke. Except he doesn't make me laugh
    EasyDoesIt, Java Man and ZenBro like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  9. #9
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch View Post
    Hey guys

    So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles.

    But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan.

    So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    what?

  10. #10
    jdpeters's Avatar
    jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    273
    I feel like a total newbie, but leave legs alone??? This is a serious question. Do you really think that?

  11. #11
    TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah what's the point doing legs its just a waste of time its not like the babes in the club checking ot ur quads lol

  12. #12
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    You need to train every bodypart and maximise growth otherwise your wasting your time. You need to learn how growth occurs and how to build a foundation to build from.

  13. #13
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,014
    This is hall of shame material. Working legs is a major part of rock hard abs.

  14. #14
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch View Post
    Yeah what's the point doing legs its just a waste of time its not like the babes in the club checking ot ur quads lol
    The 'babes' will be more interested how your collarbone sticks out more than theirs.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  15. #15
    EasyDoesIt's Avatar
    EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    933
    Of course if he gets past the babes checking his huge arms out and makes it home with them, he will maybe have to show his quads. OOOPS, I have had knee injuries and haven't been able to work my legs dear. LMAO

  16. #16
    pitchindude's Avatar
    pitchindude is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    156
    I've never in my life heard anyone say legs are insignificant. I didn't know stupidity reached such epic levels

  17. #17
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to train every bodypart and maximise growth otherwise your wasting your time. You need to learn how growth occurs and how to build a foundation to build from.
    Youre wasting your time marcus. The historical record here shows this guy knows how to add 13lbs of muscle to just his arms in 4 months time. He can keep that secret. Lol.

    Attachment 145846

  18. #18
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Ha, no not dieting bud

    Just don't suffer fools gladly. This guy is 6'3 and weighed 163 @ 15% 4 months ago. He reckons he is now 176 at the same bodyfat. So, he is either lying or knows the secret to gaining a whole lb of solid muscle every 9 days for 4 months, naturally.

    Either way he isn't ready to cycle with his stats.

    Check his thread history, as soon as anybody questions his stats and knowledge he disappears and never returns.

    And now this thread! The guys a joke. Except he doesn't make me laugh


    I see. its troll time.

  19. #19
    kapper's Avatar
    kapper is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    266
    Haha my girlfriend loves my legs and she is actually jealous of my butt.. Training legs is the ultimate rush.. For me its what boosts my motivation! Dont be skipping leg day!! Fit legs= fit life IMOP

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    I NEVER miss legs. I think op simply doesn't WANT to train legs and is maybe looking for excuses so he doesn't have to. I mean mate. Ur Gunna west shorts in the summer?. N if ur legs don't grow it'll slow the rest of you down. Intact exercises like deadlifts, leg press, hack squats and squats when going real heavy will actually STIMULATE your NATURAL testosterone levels .

    Apart from the fact if ur big up n small down ur Gunna look ****in horrible n gals would laff at you. Oh n BTW. A lot of gals LOVE big strong legs.

  21. #21
    skindiesel's Avatar
    skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    bettendorf
    Posts
    152
    Have u ever heard the saying don't build your house on sand?

  22. #22
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    Have u ever heard the saying don't build your house on sand?
    Some of the most expensive real estate out here is on the sand. Lol I see guys in the gym that don't really work their legs. So they have a huge upper body and twiggy legs. It really doesn't look very good. Functionally I wonder how strong he would carrying or moving around heavy objects with no base.

  23. #23
    skindiesel's Avatar
    skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    bettendorf
    Posts
    152
    Really? Guess I'm lucky to live in Iowa.

  24. #24
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    Really? Guess I'm lucky to live in Iowa.
    Beachfront

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •