Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Should Shoulders Be Maximized on Cycle?

TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Should Shoulders Be Maximized on Cycle?

Hey guys

So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles.

But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan.

So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    Last edited by TheS1tch; 11-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Insignificant muscles like legs? IMO, the core of all strength stems from the legs. What good is it to pick up heavy shit with your arms if your legs cannot hold it? Show me someone with muscular legs and I will show you someone who is the true definition of strength.

I fear you may have a bit of the jersey shore mentality thinking that big arms is the only way to impress the chicks.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Welcome to the site! There's a lot to learn here. READ!
    To me legs are the most significant muscle to train. You'll never regret building a great muscular base - and it all rests on your legs.

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Legs are the foundation. Welcome!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    OP you are an absolute joke, you have no business cycling with your stats let alone you not wanting to train legs or chest or back. Too tough for you, too much like hard work?

Yep, just train shoulders and biceps, you should get huge.

NO SOURCES GIVEN

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    OP you are an absolute joke, you have no business cycling with your stats let alone you not wanting to train legs or chest or back. Too tough for you, too much like hard work?

Yep, just train shoulders and biceps, you should get huge.

Lol. Dieting BiB?

Squats, deadlifts, bb shoulder presses, incline benches, bb lat pulls, cleans. Those are the core strength builders. Do those. You don't need direct iso movements until you have something to shape. No direct arm work is necessary. They will grow from indirect work from those compounds above.

Do that for a year, eat like an ogre and come back to ask about cycling.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch
    Hey guys So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles. But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan. So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    You can train every muscle group with the time you have. 4 x 40 mins a week is plenty. Read Marcus diary for his use on hit training

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Lol. Dieting BiB?

Squats, deadlifts, bb shoulder presses, incline benches, bb lat pulls, cleans. Those are the core strength builders. Do those. You don't need direct iso movements until you have something to shape. No direct arm work is necessary. They will grow from indirect work from those compounds above.

Do that for a year, eat like an ogre and come back to ask about cycling.
    Ha, no not dieting bud

Just don't suffer fools gladly. This guy is 6'3 and weighed 163 @ 15% 4 months ago. He reckons he is now 176 at the same bodyfat. So, he is either lying or knows the secret to gaining a whole lb of solid muscle every 9 days for 4 months, naturally.

Either way he isn't ready to cycle with his stats.

Check his thread history, as soon as anybody questions his stats and knowledge he disappears and never returns.

And now this thread! The guys a joke. Except he doesn't make me laugh
    EasyDoesIt, Java Man and ZenBro like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch View Post
    Hey guys

So for someone who has a life out side gym and just has 40 minutes 4 times a week to work out, is it kinda pointless to train insignificant muscles like legs, because they don't really make you look huge and consume precious cals that could feed your other muscles.

But also doing those bench presses is pretty stupid either because when you go off cycle you'll just end up with a saggy pecs and you will look very shitty like Joe Rogan.

So it would be smart to maximize your delts all way and your secondary motion will still give you additional volume for pecs and biceps and when you go off cycle you can maintain that "jacked up" look, so people kknow you work out even if you're wearing a shirt.
    what?

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    I feel like a total newbie, but leave legs alone??? This is a serious question. Do you really think that?

TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah what's the point doing legs its just a waste of time its not like the babes in the club checking ot ur quads lol

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to train every bodypart and maximise growth otherwise your wasting your time. You need to learn how growth occurs and how to build a foundation to build from.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is hall of shame material. Working legs is a major part of rock hard abs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch View Post
    Yeah what's the point doing legs its just a waste of time its not like the babes in the club checking ot ur quads lol
    The 'babes' will be more interested how your collarbone sticks out more than theirs.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Of course if he gets past the babes checking his huge arms out and makes it home with them, he will maybe have to show his quads. OOOPS, I have had knee injuries and haven't been able to work my legs dear. LMAO

pitchindude is offline Associate Member
    I've never in my life heard anyone say legs are insignificant. I didn't know stupidity reached such epic levels

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to train every bodypart and maximise growth otherwise your wasting your time. You need to learn how growth occurs and how to build a foundation to build from.
    Youre wasting your time marcus. The historical record here shows this guy knows how to add 13lbs of muscle to just his arms in 4 months time. He can keep that secret. Lol.

Attachment 145846

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Ha, no not dieting bud

Just don't suffer fools gladly. This guy is 6'3 and weighed 163 @ 15% 4 months ago. He reckons he is now 176 at the same bodyfat. So, he is either lying or knows the secret to gaining a whole lb of solid muscle every 9 days for 4 months, naturally.

Either way he isn't ready to cycle with his stats.

Check his thread history, as soon as anybody questions his stats and knowledge he disappears and never returns.

And now this thread! The guys a joke. Except he doesn't make me laugh

I see. its troll time.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    Haha my girlfriend loves my legs and she is actually jealous of my butt.. Training legs is the ultimate rush.. For me its what boosts my motivation! Dont be skipping leg day!! Fit legs= fit life IMOP

I NEVER miss legs. I think op simply doesn't WANT to train legs and is maybe looking for excuses so he doesn't have to. I mean mate. Ur Gunna west shorts in the summer?. N if ur legs don't grow it'll slow the rest of you down. Intact exercises like deadlifts, leg press, hack squats and squats when going real heavy will actually STIMULATE your NATURAL testosterone levels .

Apart from the fact if ur big up n small down ur Gunna look ****in horrible n gals would laff at you. Oh n BTW. A lot of gals LOVE big strong legs.

skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    Have u ever heard the saying don't build your house on sand?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    Have u ever heard the saying don't build your house on sand?
    Some of the most expensive real estate out here is on the sand. Lol I see guys in the gym that don't really work their legs. So they have a huge upper body and twiggy legs. It really doesn't look very good. Functionally I wonder how strong he would carrying or moving around heavy objects with no base.

skindiesel is offline Associate Member
    Really? Guess I'm lucky to live in Iowa.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skindiesel View Post
    Really? Guess I'm lucky to live in Iowa.
    Beachfront

Thread Information