Boxtrot is offline Associate Member

Can someone tell me what they would change about this

on end of week 3 of test prop cycle and im not getting normal overtraining symptoms just sound a bit fluey sometimes even tho im over the test flu, im getting more like low/high estro symptoms which im just waiting for blood work now. But i have been getting headaches the last few days and just and am lacking lust for being active. I've been hitting it harder than ever but its just too much fun and i love lifting, i know its too much volume especiall for twice a week but its so hard to leave the gym if i dont feel like im burned out.

im doing 16 - 18 sets for each muscle group in the 5-7 rep range

day 1 - chest/tris
    day 2 - back/bis
    day 3 - legs shoulders
    day 4 - off
    day 5 - day 1 - chest/tris
    day 6 - back/bis
    day 7 - legs shoulders
    day 8 - off

sots its an 8 day rotation hitting each group twice a week. Even though i can complete the workout everytime even if i feel shit i still dont wanna sacrifice muscle gains from over working something or burning out my CNS even though i dont know why exactly burning out my CNS stops me from gaining muscle.

Anyone know what i should change so i can hit everything twice a week still but not over do it?

emayarsh is offline New Member
    i would give legs there own day.. give back its own day..

training shoulders after legs must be a real killer, if you was training legs hard enough theres no way you could train legs & shoulder in an hour.. same with back & bis, i know the theory is your bis will already be warm, but i dont feel like you'd have the energy to hit them hard enough, although ive done it in the past with okay results, just depends how determined you are..

i wouldnt train more than 2 days in a row either..

day 1 - legs (do not slack)
    day 2 - shoulders & tris (inc. close grip bench)
    day 3 - off
    day 4 - back & bis (inc. deadlifts)
    day 5 - chest
    day 6 - off
    day 7 - repeat

i like to alternate between heavy & light days depending how i feel, i have 2 different workouts for each body part..

have you got a workout log book? i.write down everything i do then try beat it the next time i do that.workout, keeps things progressing..

I can't squat cause my hip is fused together so i do leg press and leg curls. For legs shoulder day i just do 4 sets db shoulder press and 3 or 4 sets of lateral raises or cable lateral raises. So thats only about 14-16 sets at 2 mins rest per sets so not too hard to get through it in under an hour.

Mmm dont seem to have a problem hitting bis at the end, feel like i've got endless strength so i never take it easy just cause its the last excercise.

Yeh i was thinking that 2 days in a row only would be better.

Also i dont deadlift because of my hip for back day i do pullups/bent rows/seat cable rows/back extensions.

I dont think i could have a light day its boring and i've never made any progress going above 7 reps (srs) i've tried numerous times, nothing happens lol not even any strength gains to warrant continuing.

No log book i can remember everything to a T. Do you think because im not squatting/deadlifting thats a big load off my CNS?

ickythump is offline Member
    sorry read that backwards, ignore deleted comment... deads and squats are high demand do if you don't do them it'll be ahuge load off cns of course
    Last edited by ickythump; 11-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.

in fact without them and without going in the one to two rep range you shouldn't be affecting your nervous system, do you feel trembly after your workouts?

Quote Originally Posted by ickythump View Post
    sorry read that backwards, ignore deleted comment... deads and squats are high demand do if you don't do them it'll be ahuge load off cns of course
    Yeh i thought so, i think everyone just assumes people deadlift and squat.

Quote Originally Posted by ickythump View Post
    in fact without them and without going in the one to two rep range you shouldn't be affecting your nervous system, do you feel trembly after your workouts?
    A bit after i do leg press. Mainly cause im using all my might to work the muscle not just lift the weight putting maximum strain on my quads on the eccentric part. Also thats leg/shoulder day which is day 3 before my rest day, an i generally i only get that way after 3 weeks of my program when it catches up with me but the last thing i wanna do is rest.

However i rested yesterday after sat-legs/shoulders sun-off mon-back/bis

and i feel 50 better than i did yesterday so gonna have today off to, yesterday i was feeling physically ill lol i think i just need more time off if i wanna workout this way. I can guage it by the way i feel.

how much sleep do you get

also, I notice similar symptoms when I'm even slightly dehydrated, especially the headaches

8 hours every night but wake up 2-3 times a night to take a piss. Yeh i dunno maybe im eating too much sodium? i put soy sauce on 3 of my meals. This wasn't happening at the start of the cycle though eating the same way. I hope this sh|ts not fake again!

Thread Information