Aesthetics_ is offline New Member

Standard Workout Routine Vs Steroid Workout Routine

Hey all, I'll try to make this as short and to the point as possible. Here is my current workout. (Pre-roid)

4 days on 1 day off. Detailed write up all the way at the bottom. Currently unfinished.

Day 1 - Chest + Tricep
    • 4 Chest exercises
    • 4 Tricep exercises

Day 2 - Back + Bicep
    • 4+ Back exercises including lower back
    • 4 Bicep exercises

Day 3 - Shoulders
    • 4 exercises+ one burnout exercises

Day 4 - Legs
    • 5+exercises +Calves

Day 5 - REST

Repeat.

Now, I'm curious on my soon to be cycle workout. I'm not sure if I should do a 5/2 split since it seems pretty common. A monday-friday.. Or if I should continue a 4/1 split.

I'm not sure if my workout should be:

Monday - Chest/Shoulders
    Tuesday - Total Arms
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Total Arms
    Friday - Back/Shoulders

OR

Monday - Chest/Shoulders/Abs
    Tuesday - Back/Total Arms (Bicep/Tricep)/Calves
    Wednesday - Legs (Kill 'em)
    Thursday - Chest/Total Arms (Bicep/Tricep)/Abs
    Friday - Back/Shoulders/Calves

I feel with quicker recovery and everything else I should be able to hit everything twice and I would like to. I love and hate time spent at the gym, but I love to hate it as well.

25 Years old
    2.5 years lifting experience
    5'10
    195lbs
    13%-15% BF

I'm guessing the most popular answer will be "Everyone is different." But I still want opinions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 - Chest + Tricep
    • Flat Bench 4 Sets of 8-12 increasing weight with each set.
    • Incline Bench 4 sets of 8-12 increasing weight with each set.
    • Cable Flies 3 sets of 8-12 increasing weight with each set.
    • Varying Last Workout Bi-Weekly. Also 3 sets. Either seating cable flies, dumbell flies, dips, etc.
    • Cable Tricep Pulldown 3 sets
    • Single Cable Tricep Pulldowns 3 sets
    • Overhead tricep extension 3 sets
    • Single bent over cable tricep pullbacks 3 sets

Day 2 -
    • Pulldowns 4 sets
    • Seated V bar row 4 sets
    Last edited by Aesthetics_; 12-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Steroids dont help in CNS fatigue. So spend more time eating, less time on Google and train at a medium pace.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    see that shampoo bottle there...

Blog Entries
    I would keep the routine you have now (push/pull/shoulders/legs) and up the intensity while on the cycle. Your muscular system will recover faster than your CNS so one day rest is not enough, keep one day rest and add one day of low activity (swimming/yoga/mirror posing)

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    see that shampoo bottle there...
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    Steroids dont help in CNS fatigue. So spend more time eating, less time on Google and train at a medium pace.
    The combination of these two comments make me think you know who I am.. However, if I'm wrong, my reply will apply either way.

Google is a wonderful source of information that I feel like not taking advantage of it is ignorant. Granted, everything I'm reading I take with a grain of salt and then verify later.. It still leads me to questions and concerns I may have not thought about. Besides, when I'm not lifting I'm thinking about lifting, so I may as well read and participate in online discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    I would keep the routine you have now (push/pull/shoulders/legs) and up the intensity while on the cycle. Your muscular system will recover faster than your CNS so one day rest is not enough, keep one day rest and add one day of low activity (swimming/yoga/mirror posing)
    Yoga wouldn't be a bad option, especially since I need to work on my flexibility. Thanks for your input.

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    I lift one day, cardio the next. Basically hitting a muscle group every 8 days. Gym sessions are super intense , I leave with not a drop left in the tank. Been making very nice gains this way.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I use a 5 day split, but will probably change to a four when I start dieting. Be careful as you may out lift your body. At least it is for some of us older guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I use a 5 day split, but will probably change to a four when I start dieting. Be careful as you may out lift your body. At least it is for some of us older guys.

And do you hit each muscle once or twice? I can't get myself to accept that I can go from twice a week pre roid to once a week on cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetics_ View Post
    And do you hit each muscle once or twice? I can't get myself to accept that I can go from twice a week pre roid to once a week on cycle.
    If you hit it hard enough yes, but then I'm not cycling, just trt. I suppose a three day split on a good cycle would not be out of the question as long as you're recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    If you hit it hard enough yes, but then I'm not cycling, just trt. I suppose a three day split on a good cycle would not be out of the question as long as you're recovering.

Hmm... I guess this is one of those I'll just have to listen to my body situations. However, I've never cycled so I'm not sure if I'll be getting the right signals.

I can do a 4/1 split now without any juice so I would assume I could do the same with it since it helps with recovery... However, I'm unsure because I know I'll be growing quicker than ever before.

I wish this was down to a science already. -.-

Back in the day pretty much all the body builders would work a three day split working each body part twice in eight days. As long as you're recovering it's ok. My first two cycles back in the day I used a similar routine. I didn't really know about these splits it's just the way we did it back then. But that being said, I was in my mid twenties and the juice.... Recovered well.

Thread Information