rbm33 is offline Junior Member

chest workout after shoulder surgery

Im about nine weeks post op on a rotator cuff repair and im wonder once I get to the point of being able to do a little chest workout what exercises are rotator cuff "friendly"?

thanks in advance

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I was told when I had my repair to go ahead and continue life as normal. Doc told me whatever I could handle, go ahead and push it. Maybe he was wanting to perform another surgery but it has held up well to a lot of abuse.

I would call to your physical therapist or doctor just so you are getting 100% correct information. I am sure the severity of the injury that was repaired could effect how hard you can push it also.

rbm33 is offline Junior Member
    good advice, I will give my therapist a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    I was told when I had my repair to go ahead and continue life as normal. Doc told me whatever I could handle, go ahead and push it. Maybe he was wanting to perform another surgery but it has held up well to a lot of abuse.

I would call to your physical therapist or doctor just so you are getting 100% correct information. I am sure the severity of the injury that was repaired could effect how hard you can push it also.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is some good info on shoulders and exercises.
    http://forums.steroid.com/injuries-r...ligaments.html

Thread Information