E5Charlie is offline Junior Member

Working out sore

Hey guys, my chest and tris are sore from a few days ago and today is chest and tris day again. Is it ok to work thru the pain or should I wait till my soreness goes down? It has only been a few months that I started working out again after years off from a back injury. I'm 36yo and on TRT.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Sore from working out is different than sore from injuring them. If it was me, I would work out if it was just sore from not using them often. A lot of times, working them will help riud you of the soreness you have from using them the last time. Course, the soreness will be there when you wake up in the am but you will get less sore as you get more used to straining your muscles.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E5Charlie View Post
    Hey guys, my chest and tris are sore from a few days ago and today is chest and tris day again. Is it ok to work thru the pain or should I wait till my soreness goes down? It has only been a few months that I started working out again after years off from a back injury. I'm 36yo and on TRT.
    How long is a few days?

A few days is 3 days. I work out the same body part every 3 days.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    That's quite often really, especially if not on cycle and just restarting after a break.

I do chest and tris only once a week.

What is your workout schedule like, rest days and what not??

1 day it's chest and tris, nex day it's back and bis and the third day is legs. I do cardio every day after working out except after leg day, I'm too beat. Every so often I take a rest day, but not every week. So you think I may be over doing it? Do you guys try to work out with the same intensity when your muscles are sore?

Blog Entries
    Mild soreness: good to go.
    Painful soreness that will affect your intensity: rest/ do something else.
    Listen to your body is the best thing you can do.
    No brain, no gain.

I decided to take a rest day yesterday, I figured why push it. My chest and tris are still sore today but it's not exactly painful so I guess I'll take a go at it today.thanks for the replies.

Thread Information