Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: When to do general Cardio

ForumMember is offline New Member

When to do general Cardio

I generally hit the gym somewhere between 4-6 days a week & have mainly stuck with the weights. Lately I have been setting a full day a side for cardio only be it bike/tread/stair/something. I know that some people do a little cardio each gym day but when I tried that it sort of wore me out before I did my heavy lifting so was just wondering when/how often some board members did cardio..

I am on TRT & I sometimes Blast..

Thank you in advance

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want to build muscle always lift first so all energy is spent on lifting then after do a little cardio.
    If u want to loose bf spend more energy on cardio.
    I hit some light cardio after weights maybe 15-20 mins 3 out of 4 days of lifting nothing to crazy just raise heart rate and I do one day a week intense cardio session

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    really it depends on your goals. if you are trying to strive off fat then right after you weight train and if you are cutting i do cardio first thing in the am on an empty stomach
    Black likes this.

skrundlegrunt is offline New Member
    morning cardio if possible, lift in the afternoon.. I always do 10 minutes before lifting on the stairs just to warm up and get my mind in the right spot. Get a little sweat going.

ForumMember is offline New Member
    I appreciate the responses. My real goal as I am basically 40 & have a large 6"8 frame(300 lBS) is too exercise the heart & keep the heart, lungs, circulatory system, ect healthy. I don't do it for any real looks benefit as far as getting lean, ect. I generally do a Cardio Day where all I do is cardio movements VS the 20 minutes before/after lifting. While we all have days where we don't give our best, generally, I train hard on the weights & just don't have the steam to do cardio afterwards which is why I set a day a side for the cardio, similar to leg day.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumMember
    I appreciate the responses. My real goal as I am basically 40 & have a large 6"8 frame(300 lBS) is too exercise the heart & keep the heart, lungs, circulatory system, ect healthy. I don't do it for any real looks benefit as far as getting lean, ect. I generally do a Cardio Day where all I do is cardio movements VS the 20 minutes before/after lifting. While we all have days where we don't give our best, generally, I train hard on the weights & just don't have the steam to do cardio afterwards which is why I set a day a side for the cardio, similar to leg day.
    Do cardio when it suits.

There are times that are better to suit specific goals for example am for cardio or PWO cardio or intervals.

I enjoy running also, so I run 3x week and just up cals slightly in this day.

Good luck

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I do cardio everyday in the morning. On lift days (4x a week) I always do cardio directly after. My cardio is mainly either 45 minutes on elliptical or 1 hour as a brisk (4mph) walk on treadmill or road. Never liked HIT cardio so I don't do it. But, it seems to be the better option for time and muscle building.

Thread Information