Ive been training for about 5 years only ever trying to gain weight, my long time buddy who is extremely over weight just decided to get a gym membership and wants to work out with me and looks to me for guidance at the gym. I do not know the best way to burn fat though!
I haven't asked him his weight yet but im going to guess around 5.8" and 325+lbs and also going to guess body fat % just from googling images to compare to is 40%+

I know DIET is a huge factor in his life transformation. I was going to suggest to him to eat 500cal under his BMR and try to teach him how to eat clean and think of food as fuel. Also, eating 5 small portions a day

As for as a workouts, I go to the gym 4 days a week so he will also be goin to the gym 4 days a week. I focus on gaining mass for the most part but I do run on the treadmill after every workout. I know his workout is going to have to focus on cardio much more then mine but he also wants to lift with me.

I would be new to this type of extreme fat loss situation but im thinking this for a workout (ill use Monday, chest day for an example)
-Not very strenuous cardio, 5-10min?
-Flat bench
-More cardio, 5-10min?
-Incline Bench
-Cardio, 5-10min?
-Cable Flys
-Hard cardio

maybe once he get used to the workouts introducing supersets to him

Ive seen over weight ppl do this type of workout when I was in college, Im sure it has a name that im not aware of. I know a big thing for fat burning is cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, which idk if he'll go for but ill try to talk him into it.

Help me help out my buddy plz! Is there a better/more efficient way to loose weight?! and what kind of cardio is best? Kind of a crappy gym we only have treadmills elipticals and bicycles...I don't think hes going to run on a treadmill..
Thanks