Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By fitnesstrainer
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By Proximal

Thread: Gut while bulking

Rostigaxt is offline New Member

Gut while bulking

Hey guys I haven't been on here in a whole but I have been eating like a mad man and I am right around 265lbs now. I have gained a lot of size on my chest, legs and arms but I am getting a gut on me. I have been doing very little cardio because I don't want to lose mass on the rest of my body. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent way to trim the fat off my belly? I am doing jim wendler 5/3/1.

I am 6'4/265 pounds 22 years old

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Your not gonna lose muscle by doing some cardio. You need to work your aerobic systems to make sure your heart stay strong and it will also help you build muscle by making your body more efficient At many processes. I am in the army and have to do cardio, I run two miles every other day and am still making plenty of anaerobic "gains" start doing some cardio throughout the week but also to trim body far your best bet is going to be diet. Plain and simple. If your getting tubby your not eating right.
    MuscleInk and Hicks87 like this.

I am eating chicken and pasta. I don't eat crap I am just getting a gut.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostigaxt View Post
    Hey guys I haven't been on here in a whole but I have been eating like a mad man and I am right around 265lbs now. I have gained a lot of size on my chest, legs and arms but I am getting a gut on me. I have been doing very little cardio because I don't want to lose mass on the rest of my body. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent way to trim the fat off my belly? I am doing jim wendler 5/3/1.

Your heart is the most important muscle in your body. Try surviving without it!

Any reason why you would neglect it?
    Hicks87 likes this.

I am eating chicken and pasta. I don't eat crap I am just getting a gut.
    Pasta is crap if you are trying to add LBM. You don't need that starchy nonsense. Look for better complex carbs that incorporate both soluble and insoluble fibers.

Can you give me some examples please?

Reason why I am asking is because when I was playing football I dropped down to 215. I wasn't as strong as I am when I was heavy. I like the big and bulky look rather than the lean cut look

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Pasta is crap if you are trying to add LBM. You don't need that starchy nonsense. Look for better complex carbs that incorporate both soluble and insoluble fibers.
    Although I disagree on the starch comment the fibre is going to be super important for dropping fat for sure. Brown rice has a lot of fibre. Oatmeal does as well. 1 cup has 4 grams insoluble and 4 grams soluble. Try and eat as few processed carbs as possible.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

You may be fortunate in that you bulk easily. You may be one of those that will be very successful bulking for half a year or so and then cutting when it warms up. For some, this is the fastest way to gain.

when it comes time to cut, if you need help, let me know. I'll help you

---Roman

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I was always a tall lean guy but I am filling out now. I have never cited before

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I was always a tall lean guy but I am filling out now. I have never cited before
    I'm sorry. I don't understand what that means?

Oops I have never cut before

spell checker? =)

Pretty much!

Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
    Although I disagree on the starch comment the fibre is going to be super important for dropping fat for sure. Brown rice has a lot of fibre. Oatmeal does as well. 1 cup has 4 grams insoluble and 4 grams soluble. Try and eat as few processed carbs as possible.
    Eating a lot of pasta is a quick way to add a lot of unwanted fat. Far better carb choices than pasta. I love pasta but I avoid it. Great if you want to dirty bulk but why? Yes, whole grain posts may offer greater benefits but far better carb selection choices if you want to bulk cleanly. I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes but I eat them often and long before I'd touch pasta now.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Eating a lot of pasta is a quick way to add a lot of unwanted fat. Far better carb choices than pasta. I love pasta but I avoid it. Great if you want to dirty bulk but why? Yes, whole grain posts may offer greater benefits but far better carb selection choices if you want to bulk cleanly. I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes but I eat them often and long before I'd touch pasta now.
    I don't disagree with not eating pasta. That's why I said stay away from processed carbs. But not all starches are bad. I'm not trying to argue just stating I disagree is all.

WilliamMaype is offline New Member

Gut while bulking

Sounds it is tempting

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMaype View Post
    Sounds it is tempting
    You’ve got to start looking at the dates on these threads. This is like the 10th ancient thread you’ve resurfaced with some bullshit response. Why don’t you just post up in the new member section and tell us what you’re all about?
    Proximal and HoldMyBeer like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMaype View Post
    Sounds it is tempting
    So you’re saying you like sounding? Think there’s specific forums for that stuff. Why not take it there?
    Cylon357 likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    It's a posting robot working up replies. How do I know? Anyone adding AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) to their profile have probably not kept up with the times as that service shutdown close too 2-years ago this December 15th and it would be added automagically ;-)

Thread Information