gomagoats is offline New Member

What to eat post workout, late night

6' 190 lbs 28 yrs old

Im not able to get home from the gym sometimes til 11pm.

What should I eat before bed/post workout

Looking to bulk up w/ minimum fat gain

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Whatever you normally would eat post workout. Don't let the time of day fool you it's all about your total intake and macro split.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok thanks for the reply back.

Just thought I should avoid carbs before bed

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    More important to fill up glycogen-storage in muscles after workout than to worry about too much carbs before bed. Cant you just eat right after finishing last set of workout, then shower, get ready for bed etc. That will make some time between pw-meal and sleep. Hopefully enough so you can relax about the problem at least. When i workout late i use just a small shake after workout, shower and stuff then take casein at bed.

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    I like, 20grams of protein worth of chicken breast, a tiny sweet potato and a casein shake to wash it down

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    Now I'm pretty disciplined but the other night I had a serious diet ****up. I never do this, but my gf had a buttermilk pie her mom made her. If I wake at 2am I usually just down a shake and go back to bed. But the pie was calling me so I took a tinytaste, just one little taste, I told myself. I went and laid back down and kept thinking about how delicious it was. Like a junkie, I hopped my ass up outta bed and got a 3rd of that pie in one huge piece with a large glass of milk and turned on an episode of trailer park boys . real fat kid type shit there.

felt like shit in the morning.

Lmao... mine is pizza...my girl orders that shit and I feel like a whore for eating it

davesah1 is offline Member
    depends on genetics and insulin sensitivity, if your an endo stick with low GI day round, meso and ecto I would use dextrose or High GI carbs PWO followed by another meal in an hour an a half.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I am the exact opposite, I train at 415am so I deal with pre workout issues. I wake up and leave within 15min. It is tough to figure out what works best for you, just experiment and see how you respond to different techniques.

Well I'm bout to do my first cycle and little worried about excess fat... I'll just take it day to day

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I am the exact opposite, I train at 415am so I deal with pre workout issues. I wake up and leave within 15min. It is tough to figure out what works best for you, just experiment and see how you respond to different techniques.
    Then I'd suggest, if you haven't tried it, plenty of carbs before bed.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I have found that a casein shake with a scoop of BCAA before bed then a home made oatmeal/protein bar when I wake along with a pre-workout shake with another scoop of BCAA and a vitamin pack gets me going just right. After my warm up I mix another pre-workout with BCAA to drink during my workout. I have plenty of energy and strength through the whole session, which is about 2 hours including warm up and cool down. I eat another bar with a handful of dried cranberries and scoop of protein immediately after I train. Took some time to get it just right, but it seems to work perfect for me.

Thread Information