Thread: Lifting

kenny3478 is offline Associate Member

Lifting

Hi Guys

How you all doing I have come over from sorting out my macros/diet and what I need for daily intake, i just want you guys to see how I'm lifting and if you can tell me where I'm going wrong.

Also I'm in training for the climb to Mt Everest Base Camp plus 300meters up further so you can see I'm doing legs every other day not sure if this is a bad or good thing.

I'm going to hymalayers in Oct.

i have come down from 99.7kg to 96.4ish since start of June but I work offshore and food is crap.

This is what I'm doing ?

Mon - Chest
    Flat bench press 2 warm up sets followed by 4 sets ending on about 70-80kg 12,10,10,8
    Incline Dumbell press 4 sets 40Lb 12,10,10,8
    Incline Flys 4 sets 25Lb

Triceps
    Close grip push downs 4 sets 20kg 12,12,10,10
    Dips 4 sets as many as I can do in all sets
    Over head curl 4 sets 15kg 10,10,8,8

40min run and 20min speed walking
    I speed walk at 4.5mph

Tue - Shoulders
    Military dumbbell press 2 warm up sets followed by 4 sets 30lb 12,10,10,8
    Dumbell side raises 4 sets 20lb 12,10,10,8
    Up right rows 4 sets 24kg 12,10,10,8

Legs
    Squats 2 warm up sets followed with 4 sets same weight on all sets 40kg 12,10,10,8
    Leg extensions 4 sets 45kg
    Reverse leg extensions 4 sets 35kg
    Leg press 4 sets 60kg

Wed - Back
    Bent over rows 2 warm up sets followed by 4 sets 30kg 12,10,10,8
    Lat pull downs 4 sets 45kg 12,10,10,8
    Bent over one arm bum bell row 4 sets 40lb

Biceps
    Ez bar curls 2 warm up sets followed by 4 sets 30kg 12,10,10,8
    Concentration curls 4 sets 25lb 12,10,10,8
    Hammer curls 4 sets 30lb 12,10,10,8

40min run 20 min speed walk
    I speed walk at 4.5mph

I repeat this program again Thur, Fri, Sat then take Sunday off any critics and will be much appreciated.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    if i was gonna climb mount Everest (which i wouldn't), my training would consist of mostly, strength (some 5x5 or similar), cardio, and oxygen deprivation/high altitude training.

your training looks more like a body builders training program, which in your case is almost useless, i mean so your gonna have bigger, heavier muscles than everyone else but not be much stronger.. it's kinda like dead weight... focus on strength and cardio.

kenny3478 is offline Associate Member
    Hi

I do a lot of hiking in the hymalayers have done for a few years now I'm only going to Base Camp so I know what to expect.

I just wanted to know how this program works for body building and also will I get strength from this I have been doing this for 2 weeks now will this work for strength ?

I do a lot of hiking training here in Thailand in the jungle through the week which is enough to keep my level of of hiking skills up until I next go which is 3 times a year.
    Oct been the last one of the year cant wait.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny3478 View Post
    Hi

I do a lot of hiking in the hymalayers have done for a few years now I'm only going to Base Camp so I know what to expect.

I just wanted to know how this program works for body building and also will I get strength from this I have been doing this for 2 weeks now will this work for strength ?

I do a lot of hiking training here in Thailand in the jungle through the week which is enough to keep my level of of hiking skills up until I next go which is 3 times a year.
    Oct been the last one of the year cant wait.
    it;s a body building program because of the rep ranges you specified (12,10,10,8), and the exercises that you chose (bicep curls..lol.. this ain't gonna help you climb a mountain...), for strength training, lower your reps, google "5x5"

Thread Information