Justin1988 is offline New Member

Rountine Question

ok so i started this routine about 3 weeks ago....take me about an hr to complete each routine...i do 1-3hours cardio on off days...

heres what my routine looks like.
    ----------------------------------------

Workout A
    Squat Day
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squats 5 5, 4, 3, 2, MAX
    Barbell Shrugs 5 10
    Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 5 10
    Seated Calf Raise 4 10
    Planks 4 60 seconds

Workout B
    Bench Press Day
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bench Press 5 5, 4, 3, 2 MAX
    V-Bar Pull Downs 5 10
    Seated Arnold Press 5 10
    Cable Tricep Extensions 4 10
    EZ Bar Curl 4 10

Workout C
    Deadlift Day
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Deadlift 5 5, 4, 3, 2, MAX
    Leg Press 5 10
    Leg Curl 5 10
    Standing Calf Raise 4 10
    Ab Wheel Rollouts 4 10

Workout D
    Military Press Day
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Military Press 5 5, 4, 3, 2, MAX
    Barbell Rows 5 10
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 5 10
    Lying Tricep Extensions 4 10
    Dumbbell Curl 4 10

monday=A
    tuesday - B
    wensday - cardio
    thursday- C
    friday - D
    sat/sun - cardio

now i have a few question, im a beginner weight lifter have been in construction and farming my whole life...

im stacking pharma freak right now, anaboli, test and vitaFREAK, c4 prework and rivalus post work out,....im on a high lean protein low carb diet as im trying to build muscle and lose fat...now im dont know if normal or not but im not really sore after my work outs, and im pushing my max everyday, i mean im sore but not for long after chest or leg day arms i feel i can do it again the next day...i guess what im asking here, is do you think i can add in routine power sets on my off days lets say wensday/saturday during cardio...like squats again wensday and deadlifts again saturday...i just want to push to my breaking point with out breaking....and BTW i have seen improvements in just 3weeks, im eating like a bull loss about 7lbs...and physique is better...

also would love some input on substitute exercises in routine and also any added one that would go good with the type of program im running right now, thanks ahead too anyone who has any input...

oo also do you guys think a half mile run before pumping is good? or after which is best used for max performance

also on my powerlifts do you guys think the 5,4,3,2 MAX set scheme is best or is there a better route....
    i start off at 75% lifting capacity, and add weight as i go to MAX reps....usualy on max reps i max out around 5 reps

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're trying to cut I'd say leave the program as is if it's working, being in a deficit your bodies not getting ideal amounts of nutrients to fully recover, work on either losing fat or gaining muscle (eating in a caloric deficit (cutting) or a surplus (bulking/gaining). It seems like a pretty good split to me but that's quite a lot of volume, if you're not being run into the ground keep going with it, and wait till you are eating in a surplus to up the volume.

i am eating more in surplus....about 260grams of protein daily..

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A surplus is when you're eating more than the total calories you burn, protein is only a small part of your nutrition. You need to calculate how many total calories you burn a day (you TDEE) then eat more than that (if you are trying to gain weight)

Thread Information