robert890571 is offline New Member

Handi-capable routine help?

So I had a pretty severe TBI aboot 11 years ago. Extensive nerve damage to left side of body due to the blood clots while I was in my coma. Eventually I woke up and finished rehab, went to college, always tinkering with my gym routine though. This week im doin 1 muscle per day for 6 days except for legs. I hit those twice a week. Goes like this
    Mon-Chest
    Tue-Bicepd
    Wed-Legs
    Thur-Triceps
    Fri- Back
    Sat- Legs
    Sun- Rest
    I try to do 60-80 percent of 1 rep max 10 times, 4 sets
    I don't really wanna gain too much weight just lower my bf, uhhh my diets pretty good I doubt that's the problem, so save your nutrition comments thanx

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Biceps and triceps don't need their own day. No shoulders? I'd say make biceps day arms day then Thursday shoulders. Other than that it looks ok, is it working for you?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    A lot of respect for your effort. Do you have use of both sides of your body? If so maybe just break it into 5 sessions. Shoulders, back, chest, legs, and arms. Throw in abs with back and legs maybe???
    That's a lot of volume for me, but if your body responds to it....go.with it.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-08-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I don't do much shoulders, just the lil military press machine, I have the most trouble with my left side and the range of movement. Extending my Left arm over my head is double tough. And my left calf doesn't activate worth a shit either. Everything else is mostly ok just weaker. So could I toss shoulders in with the arm day? Just do abs or core stuff on the 5th day? Also should I pyramid my sets up or down for strength, does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by robert890571 View Post
    I don't do much shoulders, just the lil military press machine, I have the most trouble with my left side and the range of movement. Extending my Left arm over my head is double tough. And my left calf doesn't activate worth a shit either. Everything else is mostly ok just weaker. So could I toss shoulders in with the arm day? Just do abs or core stuff on the 5th day? Also should I pyramid my sets up or down for strength, does it matter?
    Chuck shoulders in on chest day because your anterior delt is already being worked a lot through the pressing. Yeah core on the 5th is fine, I don't do any core atm, just a lot of heavy squats, Deadlifts and overhead press.

There's lots of different program's and rep schemes you can run for strength, a pretty standard linear way to run it is do 5x5 for your big lifts and add a small amount of weight each time you do them. Look up some strength program's, there's plenty of really good ones, I'm running jonnie canditos 6 week strength training program atm.

What percent of my 1rm am I trying to lift on the 5x5 thing?

Quote Originally Posted by robert890571 View Post
    What percent of my 1rm am I trying to lift on the 5x5 thing?
    Start with 80% and add 5lb or 2.5kg total (so 2.5lb or 1.25kg per side) each workout, look up 5x5 strength training program.

Thread Information