Thread: Critique?

bw2506 is offline Junior Member

Critique?

34 years old. 6'3" 214lbs. 8 perc bf. Was maintaining around 3300 cals. Started a lean bulk sunday upping cals to 36-3700

Heres my routine

Sunday-
    Squat
    4x12
    Hack squat 3x10
    Leg extensions 3-4 sets of 12-15

Monday-Back
    Pullups. 3 sets to failure
    Barbell row-4 sets of 8-10
    Close grip lat row-3-4sets of 10-12
    1 arm row-usually heavier weightxx2 sets then 2 sets with high reps
    Hmr strength type machine. Close grip pull to chest. Usually 3x10 slow reps with lightweight

Tues-shoulders/traps
    Standing ohp-4x10
    Db side raises 3x10
    3-4 sets of machine press x10-12
    TRAPS
    Upright cable row-4x10
    Db shrugs 3-4 sets with dropsets

WED-REST

THURS-Hamstrings/lower back
    Deadlift- work up to 1rm or 3rm
    SLDL or romanian dL-3x8
    Cable pull throughs-3x12
    Leg curl-3x15

Friday-CHEST
    bb bench-work to 1rm or 3rm or 4x8(switch up)
    Cable crossover low setting 4x10
    Cable crossover high setting 4x10
    Pec dec -3x12

Sat-ARMS-this day varies... Usually consist of hmr curls. Conc curls. Cable curls. Cg bench. Dips. Cable pull downs- change it up often. Sometines heavy some days light. Sometimes dropsets. Etc. etc. etc

Most workouts done in the afternoon...15-20 mins light cardio every day....i also do abs 2x a week with cardio and do a calf routine on one day..

I Want to compete next year and to do this my legs and calves HAVE TO GROW!!!...am i doing too much with enough rest?? And any otger suggestions on dropping/adding anything?

I realize my calves and legs may need more but im new to the higher rep leg/calf training ive been doing so it takes around a week for them to fully recover

Strong points-Chest/Shoulders--can bench 405

Weak points- Traps/LEGS/calf muscles

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could try a 3 on 1 off split, or push pull legs so you get legs done twice a week, for traps I'd advocate heavy Deadlifts and heavy shrugs so you've got that covered. Calves are a bitch, but I've switched to pyramiding up to 2 heavy sets of 8-10 reps then stripping a plate off the leg press down to 1 plate for 20 reps and it's felt really good so far.

Try 2 leg sessions a week, do heavy squats, heavy Deadlifts, and a bit of accessory like maybe some leg extensions superset with some leg curls. Look for a good program that caters to your needs, your program looks good but idk about the frequency for someone who's been lifting for a while.

Thread Information