Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidtheman100

Thread: Great deal on Bowflex adjustable dumbbels, best Ive found

WMSuperSport is offline Associate Member

Great deal on Bowflex adjustable dumbbels, best Ive found

Hayneedle.com is running a hell of a deal on these adjustable dumbbelles Ive been shopping for, for a long time. Theyre running a good price, and another 10% off if you order by the end of the day.

They may have other brands, and I know they have the Bowflex 1090's that adjust from 10-90lbs, but theyre alot more expensive. I'm just passing along the news because I ordered them today and I love this community. Later.

http://search.hayneedle.com/search/i...tt=bowflex+552

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    holy shit! adjustable dumbells only go to 90lbs and cost $560??? that's 19 months of gym membership

I think i'll pass.......
    (but thanks anyways)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	121 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	152921

I think at this price, I can cut up a few barbells to dumbbell size and just put my own plates on?? weights are what, about a buck a pound?

yeah, I'm a cheap ass

Blog Entries

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ^sorry. I don't like watching meatheads like that. five seconds of his mindless ranting is all I could stomach

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally hate adjustable dumbbells. I have tried that brand and you really have to be careful with them. Even if you set them down easy and aren't slamming them at all eventually the weights will still wear down and fall off. Nothing sucks more than doing some curls and one of the plates falls off and hits your toes.

If I was going to spend a few hundred dollars I would much rather have the dumbbell rack and various weights.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    I personally hate adjustable dumbbells. I have tried that brand and you really have to be careful with them. Even if you set them down easy and aren't slamming them at all eventually the weights will still wear down and fall off. Nothing sucks more than doing some curls and one of the plates falls off and hits your toes. If I was going to spend a few hundred dollars I would much rather have the dumbbell rack and various weights.
    I have adjustable weights. They don't lock in as I had hoped and they are too big for my liking at the heavier weights. I was disappointed and I laid out some coin too. Prefer db!!!!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    wow, much funnier than I expected.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    And that is ridiculously expensive for adjustable dumbells. Find some that go to 200 lbs and don't break and I might be interested. In all seriousness I go the budget performance route on my home equipment, built my power rack etc. Bought a mid range good bar, and at least plates that were fairly accurate. I would like to add an adjustable bench and dumbells and lots of other things one day, would likely end up picking up used dumbell set and adding to it over time, or ten years ago I used to use the plates with the smaller center hole, and had adjustable dumbells with the screw ends, it actually worked fairly well for me, and they are very affordable.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I have adjustable weights. They don't lock in as I had hoped and they are too big for my liking at the heavier weights. I was disappointed and I laid out some coin too. Prefer db!!!!
    I am glad you mentioned that, they are awkwardly big compared to normal dumbbells.

Thread Information