Thread: What to do....

njp
    njp is offline New Member

Question What to do....

o.k. here's the deal, the local community center is offering at the same time taebo and swimming. Whick one would be a better workout, I know swimming is great for cardio, I just really don't know the facts about taebo. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    uh...swimming. try to stay afloat.

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok Pros for taebo is its a a great cardio workout! Mixture of boxing type martial arts!
    cons for taebo may interfere with recovery of weight-training

Pros swimming - Good for joints
    Cons swimming - in order for it to be a good cardio workout you need to make sure you are not having a relaxing swim more like continuous lengths!

Depends on what you are looking for
    Ms Figure

KeyMastur is offline VET
    well, of course there might be some chicks in Tae Bo, so take your pic....try them both out.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Taebo is would be better for strenght and speed and flexibility.
    so if i was you i would try to rotate the sessions.But none of them would give you any muscle size it will give you a bit more definition.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i would go with the taebo. like ms fig said, it's easier to bust ass in taebo, and easy to relax while swimming

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hay, KM, chicks in Tae Bo ??? What about swimming, chicks in bathing suits!!! LOL

Anywho, I've heard swimming is very good for flexibility and getting the smooth looking muscles. Also helps build up the upper body, am I not correct ???

Just make sure you know how to swim before you jump in the pool

Thnx
    Terinox

ptbyjason Guest
    To be honest there is no right answer. We can tell you one or the other all day, but we would be incorrect. True enough, swimming is probably the best form of cardio out there when you take into consideration the joint stress, calories burned, etc.... The Tae-bo is also good because you will have someone pushing you which may make you work harder.

Here is the right answer though. There is no single exercise I recommend to people for cardio. If you do not like a form of cardio and it is the best thing in the world, you are not going to do it. So it doesn't matter which one is the best one to do. The one you should choose is the one that you will enjoy the most and be more willing to do on a continuous basis. If you can go back and forth between the two, and you enjoy both, I would say do that. But only you know which one you will enjoy enough to continue to do it. So try them both out and see which one you like.

Capital X is offline Associate Member

Where are those words

Ptby, you took the words right out of my mouth. You will most likely hear complaints from bodybuilders and gym folk that they hate doing cardio. The key is to find something you like and will enjoy doing on a regular basis. Change it up so that you don't get bored and you will see some great reuslts either way you go.

Capital X

Thread Information