Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By swolehead
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Workout plan during cycle

forceps is offline New Member

Workout plan during cycle

Hello.
    5'11, 180lbs, 8% bf here. Firstly sorry for my english.
    Im making a workout plan for my first cycle (test prop) to make leangains. Despite I have always been working hard and always had great gains Im not sure how it should be while on roids. I know that my regeneration will be faster, so I should add more sets, yep? Like how many?

Secondly I want to make priorities. I need to grow more chest and delts. They are already fine, but I want them bigger against rest of my muscles. So can I train them 2 times per week in my split routine?

is it generaly good amount of sets for roid cycle (chest, delts 25 sets per week, other 16 per week)?:

Day 1. Legs - 16 sets
    2. upper chest + front delts - 16 sets for chest + 9 sets for delts
    3. back - 16 sets
    4. lower chest + side and back delts - 9 sets for chest + 16 sets for delts
    5. arms - 16 sets

Is my way of thinking good?? Should I kill chest and delts on both days?

swolehead is offline Member
    first things first how old are you secondly I understand wanting more chest and delt but you should want everything to grow. for growth to happen you need to rest. I think many people over think this I always recommend a basic layout for hypertrophy I do this wen not training for a powerlifting comp and so do a couple other membes on here. 3 days on 1 day off day 1 push (chest, delts, triceps) day 2 pull (back and biscepts) days 3 legs and core. if you do this with 6 to 12 reps I lean twards 12 at a tempo of 2 seconds concentric 0 second isometric and 2 seconds eccentric with 0 to 60 seconds of rest in between each set I can guarantee you awsome gains.... that is as long as your diet is correct
    forceps likes this.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Too many sets IMO. It may work for you but I do better on lower volume and higher intensity. You need to rest too. Try it but don't be afraid to change it up if you feel the need.

forceps is offline New Member
    Im 22. I dont have problems with my muscle growing. Just my back and arms are more developed than especially chest and i want to have cannonball delts. I want to still grow all muscles but I like bodies with big chest and delts.
    Now I think, that these 25 sets on day 2 and 4 are too much. I've read about training on roids more and people don't change their workout plans as much as
    i used to think. I'm going to make about 16-20 sets on day 2 & 4 and 12-16 sets for others.
    And my previus question: should i kill chest and delts on both sessions or kill on first and just pump on second?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'd personally go with a heavy day and a light day. But try it first like you said with reduced volume on the second day and see how it goes. Then change up when you need to.
    forceps likes this.

bulldoghorn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swolehead View Post
    first things first how old are you secondly I understand wanting more chest and delt but you should want everything to grow. for growth to happen you need to rest. I think many people over think this I always recommend a basic layout for hypertrophy I do this wen not training for a powerlifting comp and so do a couple other membes on here. 3 days on 1 day off day 1 push (chest, delts, triceps) day 2 pull (back and biscepts) days 3 legs and core. if you do this with 6 to 12 reps I lean twards 12 at a tempo of 2 seconds concentric 0 second isometric and 2 seconds eccentric with 0 to 60 seconds of rest in between each set I can guarantee you awsome gains.... that is as long as your diet is correct
    And how many sets are you talking about with this routine?

The theory of muscle growth is to reduce sets and increase weight to build bulk. High sets increase tone, shape and definition but is less efficient in building bulk. When you're building bulk you might not feel totally fatigued after the workout. Well, that's the way I feel, anyways.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    The theory of muscle growth is to reduce sets and increase weight to build bulk. High sets increase tone, shape and definition but is less efficient in building bulk. When you're building bulk you might not feel totally fatigued after the workout. Well, that's the way I feel, anyways.
    That's a common myth, shape and definition are genetics and bodyfat %, you need lots of different rep variation to stimulate all the fibres for maximum growth.

motivated247 is offline New Member
    If you want huge chest and Delts, 25 sets of ten every other day. especially if you use AAS. 36 - 48hrs is the most rest you need. It doesn't have to be bench always, try one arm pushups, diamonds, handstand pushups for yo Delts. TUT is king for size and growth, high volume equals more TUT.

Thread Information