Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: ounce a week or twice?????

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member

ounce a week or twice?????

Here is the deal when you all pined up and ready to go,should you hit all muscles every week once or twice?what is the most efficient way to get the most out of your investment?i have always hit bi's and tri's twice and everything else once on juice.does anyone have any links that have any good studies on the situation,or is all on your diet and body type??????
    Last edited by jolter604; 11-16-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Million schools of thought. GVT people believe hitting each group once a week. Powerlifters go up to 8-12 times a week on each body group.

What youc an do is limited by your CNS most of the time.

I personally do GVT on each body group 3x a week when on cycle. i recover just enough after weekend rest to be ready again the next week. Intense pain...yes....Intense gains...yes. I am right on the edge of needing to pop tramadols when on cycle but do all i can to avoid it.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You seem to have the word "ounce" and "once" confused...
    The former is a US unit of weight.
    jolter604 likes this.

Yeah math was my thing not spelling....plus i use my phone it has been changing my words as i hit space bar,but this time it was not the case....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    There are many ways to train and various protocols to follow, all I would say is pick one and stick with it for at least 3 months and monitor yourself and keep a log and see how the gains are. Personally I train once bodypart per week very intense using my own variation of HIT this produces amazing gains in strength, muscle tissue and maintains my current size but not everyone is the same find out what works for you.
    jolter604 likes this.

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    I cant say for being on cycle cause i havent. But i do each body part once a week. But i push each set to near or complete failure. My last three reps im begging for it to be over, my hand hurt and my eyes start to blur. When i finish my set i know i couldnt do another rep. I move up in weight and down in reps each set. When i finish with a muscle group its so full of blood it feels like a dead weight, and feel almost uncoordinated. Been doing this for 5 months and see steady gains in strength and size. I still manage to make each group sore. Seems to work for me. I believe its how hard you push it. With how hard i push myself i could never do 3x a week, 2x on some groups, some maybe not.

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    This issue has been widely discussed throughout the bodybuilding community, As a natural I believe more frequency is always better, need to keep stimulating the muscles. I have tried twice a week on muscles like back and just had no drive the 2nd workout, 1 workout thickness, 2nd workout width, I feel like this muscle is to large to be able to annihilate it twice a week, I feel like smaller muscles like delts, arms and even chest can be hit twice a week, but Legs should only need one day especially if you are killing some heavy dead lifts on back day, If your squatting heavy your back is also getting worked to a point. Right now My split has 2 push days, Monday and Saturday, and I might throw in a bicep movement Saturday since i train forearms after back Monday, My legs are getting hit almost every workout since I am doing since I am doing some Olympic lifts [cleans] on my push days so they are getting stimulated frequently. I do my heavy cleans the day after back and cleans involve the back a lot so my back is getting stimulated there. I feel like a week is to long for a muscle to go without being stimulated, need to keep getting blood in there, I find usually about 6-7 days without training a muscle it might start to flatten out to some degree and Ill loose the fullness, Frequency is very important. If a muscle is lagging you should probably be hitting it twice a week to bring it up with your stronger bodyparts
    Last edited by Hard_Body; 12-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe that smaller guys (less then 170) can possibly train and recover (many other variables obviously) and hit everything twice a week because there muscles are smaller requiring less recovery time. Most bigger guys tend to get more out of hitting everything hard once a week and maybe hitting some smaller muscles twice a week. One method might be instead of three bicep exercises once a week .....do two bicep exercises twice a week. There are many ways....I would rather do 4 hard core routines then 5 or 6 mediocre because I am not getting enough recovery time.
    jolter604 likes this.

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I believe that smaller guys (less then 170) can possibly train and recover (many other variables obviously) and hit everything twice a week because there muscles are smaller requiring less recovery time. Most bigger guys tend to get more out of hitting everything hard once a week and maybe hitting some smaller muscles twice a week. One method might be instead of three bicep exercises once a week .....do two bicep exercises twice a week. There are many ways....I would rather do 4 hard core routines then 5 or 6 mediocre because I am not getting enough recovery time.
    Exactly, I find 4 to be the perfect number, could not see how i could go 6 days a week and have a hardcore session every single time. 4 hardcore workouts, then 3 rest days.especially as natural, even dorian kept it at 4 , this is why I am not a fan of push/pull/legs, destroying the whole body 3 days in a row is a lot on the CNS, deads,squats,benching,..,....and some dont even take a rest day after the 3rd session which is ludicrous, 6 days straight is insane unless these are soft workouts
    Last edited by Hard_Body; 12-18-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Body View Post

Exactly, I find 4 to be the perfect number, could not see how i could go 6 days a week and have a hardcore session every single time. 4 hardcore workouts, then 3 rest days.especially as natural, even dorian kept it at 4 , this is why I am not a fan of push/pull/legs, destroying the whole body 3 days in a row is a lot on the CNS, deads,squats,benching,..,....and some dont even take a rest day after the 3rd session which is ludicrous, 6 days straight is insane unless these are soft workouts
    My workouts are fairly lengthy and written up for my specific goals. On cycle or off....cut or a bulk... 4 days is more then enough. Sometimes on a cut or a bulk I will throw in some cardio but I consider it more "active rest" then anything.

tsarrast is offline New Member
    twice a week - muscle soreness for 2-4 days is good, then when not sore you want to train again

On this cycle it seems twice a week is my sweet spot

Thread Information