Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 2 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: How I hit biceps

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member

How I hit biceps

Today i noticed that if I hold the weight out in front of me… kind of like a preacher curl without support, I get a massive contraction that is way better than letting my arms lie limp by my sides.

I actually see what looks like my brachialis contracting separately from the rest of the biceps group when I do it.

Granted this was after 10 sets of a circuit doing 10 regular curls, 10 hammer curls, 10 arm between leg i don't remember the name curls, and 10 iso holds where I do a running motion while the arm stays bent 90 degrees… and it only happened on one side. It was still really neat to watch and feel though. At first i thought i was going to pop the muscle like a balloon. I just kept going anyway and that didn't happen. New experience.

Also i'm noticing that all those curls i did with the arm laying flat at my side put a lot more pressure on the connection at the elbow joint than the meat of the muscle.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Try twisting your thumbs out or pinks up at the top of the contraction and squeeze at the top. It will fire those bi's like nothing else
    NACH3 likes this.

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Try twisting your thumbs out or pinks up at the top of the contraction and squeeze at the top. It will fire those bi's like nothing else
    that does intensify, i encourage you to give these a try though. I've never actually seen this advice anywhere else so I don't know if it was more a function of pre exhausting or if they really do add intensity. And I'm too sore for the next few days to test it myself

Quote Originally Posted by RewardingLabor
    that does intensify, i encourage you to give these a try though. I've never actually seen this advice anywhere else so I don't know if it was more a function of pre exhausting or if they really do add intensity. And I'm too sore for the next few days to test it myself
    the more you can change up those bicep workout the better. They seem to adapt quick

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    the more you can change up those bicep workout the better. They seem to adapt quick

Truth

I am working on growing these things close to 20"

Full motion, super sets, partials - Right now I am focusing on super full long stretch - 12-15rep med weight. The soreness is exquisite

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    Truth I am working on growing these things close to 20" Full motion, super sets, partials - Right now I am focusing on super full long stretch - 12-15rep med weight. The soreness is exquisite
    wow we will have to knock name you hulk hogan with those pythons

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    It's tough now though

Gains are slow

But, what's funny is that by measurement my arms are huge - I feel they're average - damn biggorexia

But, either way - I noticed that the mix and match workouts work best - fore boredom and overall look of griowth

It's tough now though Gains are slow But, what's funny is that by measurement my arms are huge - I feel they're average - damn biggorexia But, either way - I noticed that the mix and match workouts work best - fore boredom and overall look of griowth
    we all feel average but are far from it. We are our worst critic for sure
    < <Samson> > and NACH3 like this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Varying your bicep exercises is huge as well as your approach (reps, drop sets, pauses, etc.) At the moment l like underhand narrow chins, seated barbell curls and Gaspari curls.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    It's tough now though

Gains are slow

But, what's funny is that by measurement my arms are huge - I feel they're average - damn biggorexia

But, either way - I noticed that the mix and match workouts work best - fore boredom and overall look of griowth
    I love hittin opposing muscle groups period... I love supersetting all opposing muscle groups twice a weak and a HIT style( so if I'm doin my Bis and Tris I'll supperset my whole workout with like no more than 30s in between sets) love that pump!
    Plus your grip(by pronating and supinating is huge... Especially hittin those forearms by doing so as well as hitting all heads of each muscle)
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-16-2015 at 01:07 PM.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    It's tough now though Gains are slow But, what's funny is that by measurement my arms are huge - I feel they're average - damn biggorexia But, either way - I noticed that the mix and match workouts work best - fore boredom and overall look of griowth
    Worst thing is everybody always looks bigger lol and then they say what they weigh n ur like huhhhh i swear u look like u way 10kg more than me lol bigarexia sucks

Thread Information