Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: RETURNING TO GYM after a 1-1/2 year Hiatus..INPUT!?

MHuddleston is offline New Member

RETURNING TO GYM after a 1-1/2 year Hiatus..INPUT!?

Hi
    returning to gym and working out hardcore after about 1year&8months..
    I had tremendous gains and reached strength levels and a LOOK. That I never thought I would have which was a result of 3years of Hard work.
    STATS:
    240LBS
    6ft 1
    flabby midsection
    Average build Not muscular skinny...nor fat except in midsection.. and titty area a little.... lol.

Anyways I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR AWHILE...
    Any words of encouragement to maximize someone at my stage getting back into this??
    also.. I did have some supplemnt and anabolic help to acheive my look and strength goals in the past..

Any help input words of wisdom would be great. As this time of year MANY are probably in my shoes trying to get back into the gym!

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by MHuddleston View Post
    Hi
    returning to gym and working out hardcore after about 1year&8months..
    I had tremendous gains and reached strength levels and a LOOK. That I never thought I would have which was a result of 3years of Hard work.
    STATS:
    240LBS
    6ft 1
    flabby midsection
    Average build Not muscular skinny...nor fat except in midsection.. and titty area a little.... lol.

Anyways I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR AWHILE...
    Any words of encouragement to maximize someone at my stage getting back into this??
    also.. I did have some supplemnt and anabolic help to acheive my look and strength goals in the past..

Any help input words of wisdom would be great. As this time of year MANY are probably in my shoes trying to get back into the gym!

THANKS!
    Also... I SHOULD SAY A TACTICAL APPROACH SPECIFAC TO MY GOALS
    OF: LOSING THE MIDSECTION fat. AND YET NOT LOSING any musclemass and adding on muscle...
    and having a overall balanced body like a beast I once was..

any tactical approaches.. Jumpstarts!?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just start off training hard and eating lots, your muscle memory will kick in and you'll be back to your previous size in no time. Worry about cutting later IMO. Lay off the juice for now and get some natty training in for a while, get back into the swing of things and surpass where you were before first.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    I took a year off due to surgery and when i started i did body weight stuff and in 3 months im hitting it hard as before. It wont take long..... good luck man

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Welcome back! A great place to start is read this....My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle Lots of great advice on the forum and excellent knowledge base. Enjoy!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Slow and steady bro... put your nose to the grindstone and keep it there. There will be some muscle memory and you will find your groove. Be smart....challenge yourself but stay injury free.
    almostgone likes this.

THANK-YOU all for the great words of encouragement. I Agree mostly with whatveveryone has input.
    Happy to hear THAT IM. NOT EXACTLY starting from scratch.. "muscle memory" etc.
    Plan is to get in there kick it.. as normal maybe some light motivation preworkout supp to start.. I COMPLETELY AGREE no juice Yet.. I previously used Axio labs and BD but thatvseems like so long ago.. I do not know how the climate has changed in 2years since my last cycle except the whole Axio thing.. so I would have to go a different route.
    So nevertheless I need to hit several Plateaus & Goals & RE-research what has changed brand climate wise; what is top quality ... etc..and of course re- Source up & re assess my needs in the near future for the right gear for my goals.

I hope it wont be a long grueling process as I invested 3years of BS&T into my body before the 2year hiatus...
    Also hope when the time comes there is some good top knotch safe gear available.

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT and thus far love the community.. (reading for weeks) Still getting used to the APP though.

Thread Information