breakthrough is offline New Member

5X5 Workout Off Days

Hey All,

My workouts have been all over the place. My girlfriend and I have started workouts together mainly because she has wanted to start lifting and although I am not an expert I am as good as many of the trainers at her gym, I am also free and we enjoy the time together.

My girlfriend wants me to go with her on M,W,F evenings which are my strength and conditioning morning days. My question is would it be better to do focus work on these days or just stick to cardio workouts? Since we workout separately and together I find myself in the gym twice a day.

Routine:

Sun, Tues, Thurs - Mehdi 5X5 and cardio
    Mon, Wed, Friday - Strength and Conditioning
    Sat - High Intensity Cardio

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That depends in how seriously you are taking your training. If you are on a date with her at the gym your workouts ARE going to suffer.

breakthrough is offline New Member
    Buster,

Good point. I am pretty serious about my workouts in that I am always looking for progress. At the same time I am willing to give up a little to show her the ropes and get her started with learning proper technique and a program that works for her. My thought is that on these M,W,F evenings to do some cardio, then hit some focus areas. Something like:

M - 30 Mins Cardio, core workout
    W - 30 Mins Cardio, triceps, shoulders, forearms
    F - 30 Mins Cardio, calfs, glutes

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthrough View Post
    Buster,

Good point. I am pretty serious about my workouts in that I am always looking for progress. At the same time I am willing to give up a little to show her the ropes and get her started with learning proper technique and a program that works for her. My thought is that on these M,W,F evenings to do some cardio, then hit some focus areas. Something like:

M - 30 Mins Cardio, core workout
    W - 30 Mins Cardio, triceps, shoulders, forearms
    F - 30 Mins Cardio, calfs, glutes
    Sure...that would work but keep in mind that girls and heavy compound movements mix like oil and water. Do your heavy stuff on your own.

Thread Information