Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: How often?

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"

How often?

1. How often do you lift? (On and Off)

2. How often do u do each body part (on and off cycle)

Blog Entries
    4 times per week m,t,w,f and I always do each body part once a week regardless of if im on or off...

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Currently doing a 2 on 1 off split (squat/bench/rest) with alternating deadlift focus on the first squat session of the microcycle. So basically everything 2x per week and something gets 3x per week.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do a Mon, Tue, rest, Thur ,Fri with weekends off. My training varies alot but my basic framework is big muscles once a week and small muscles twice a week. I get the most benefit out of 4 long hard workouts as opposed to breaking it down into five shorter ones.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Ever sense ive been cleared by my surgeon, I've been doing something different. 5 days m-f
    chest
    legs
    arms
    shoulders
    back

Im going for more of a bodybuilder type build in my old age lol, but im still going for strength on my squat (my favorite workout)

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    5 days a week. Sunday is heavy lower body , Monday is heavy upper body. Tuesday is a off day. Wednesday is Dynamic lower , and Thursday is Dynamic upper. Friday I like to do my conditioning , I also throw in some ab/ core work and also do some direct arm work (just can't get those suckers to grow!!...lol) Saturday is another off day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I do a Mon, Tue, rest, Thur ,Fri with weekends off. My training varies alot but my basic framework is big muscles once a week and small muscles twice a week. I get the most benefit out of 4 long hard workouts as opposed to breaking it down into five shorter ones.
    How long is your workout BB?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    How long is your workout BB?
    Average an hour and half right now sometimes a tad longer. This is due to the fact that I am doing a PL routine and I take an average 3 minute break between sets on my compound movements and sometimes I need to bridge a set with 1 rep to avoid an injury. When I do a straight BB routine its still 4 days and I can get it done in an hour and 15 or so. Shoulders, tri's and abs are quicker then say leg, abs and lower back. No matter what ...I do 3 different exercises for abs 1 set each til failure every workout. I would be more then happy to write up my current routine if you are interested.

Average an hour and half right now sometimes a tad longer. This is due to the fact that I am doing a PL routine and I take an average 3 minute break between sets on my compound movements and sometimes I need to bridge a set with 1 rep to avoid an injury. When I do a straight BB routine its still 4 days and I can get it done in an hour and 15 or so. Shoulders, tri's and abs are quicker then say leg, abs and lower back. No matter what ...I do 3 different exercises for abs 1 set each til failure every workout. I would be more then happy to write up my current routine if you are interested.
    If thats not a problem and u have a time I would be more than happy if you would share it.

Thanks in advance BB!

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I lift 5 days a week, off Wed and Sunday. Back/chest/rest/legs/shoulders/arms/rest. I hit each muscle once a week and I'm in the gym about two hours from time I get in and fines changing and leave.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do 5 days per week starting on Sunday and taking 1 day off during the week. The day off varies on how I feel each day.

Chest
    Bis and Tris
    Legs
    Back
    Shoulders

On or off nothing changes.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    On cycle:

Monday - chest/back supersetted (12-16 excersises per body part always... & to failure within my rep range w/everything)
    Tues. - legs
    Wed. - bis tris shoulders(or Tues and legs on wed)
    Repeat
    Off day Sunday

Off
    Back off and body parts only 6-8 excersises each - 4 days a wk...

If thats not a problem and u have a time I would be more than happy if you would share it.

Thanks in advance BB!
    Ok....this was written up for me and its geared towards strength. It's an 8 week program.
    Day 1.
    Weighted leg raises and crunch.2 sets to failure
    Russian decline twist. 1*20
    Dbl rev lunges 4*4/leg ext 10*4.alt week to week
    Weeks 1-4 Hatfield squats 6/5/4/3/3/3
    Weeks 5-8 squats with chains 6/5/4/3/3/3
    Weeks 1-4 zercher squats 6/5/4/3/3/3
    Weeks 5-8 rack deadlifts 8/6/5/3/3/3
    Standing leg curls 10*3
    Stiff legged dead lifts 10*3
    Reverse hypers 10*3
    Standing calf raises 20*3
    If this workout interest you I will write up the rest. Basically doing a strength phase in cycle and then finishing the cycle with a BB routine.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I train my whole body roughly once every 7-10 days, the days vary depending on my schedule but I like to get 5 days per week and there is no set planned days of the week I train.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I train my whole body roughly once every 7-10 days, the days vary depending on my schedule but I like to get 5 days per week and there is no set planned days of the week I train.
    The push/pull method works best for my body... In a HIIT style fashion suppersetting chest/back... Bis/tris - shoulders(bis tris supersetted, all opposing muscle groups are suppetsetted w/no more than 30s in between sets) and I'll work each body part 2x wkly til failure in my rep range and 12-16 excersises per body part on cycle... I'll be running prop 525-600mg wkly/NPP 400mg wkly backloaded with oral winny at 50mg ed! hCG /prami/a-dex, PCT 100/75/50/50 - 40/40/20/20!

Any suggestions on my split, etc??

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    i really like seeing those weighted leg raises you listed there bb.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    i really like seeing those weighted leg raises you listed there bb.
    They are an absolute killer.

nes
    nes is offline New Member
    4 days a week & sometimes 5 days when I do my legs twice in the same week !

3 days off is too much off days though I lose focus then and get lazy

Ok....this was written up for me and its geared towards strength. It's an 8 week program. Day 1. Weighted leg raises and crunch.2 sets to failure Russian decline twist. 1*20 Dbl rev lunges 4*4/leg ext 10*4.alt week to week Weeks 1-4 Hatfield squats 6/5/4/3/3/3 Weeks 5-8 squats with chains 6/5/4/3/3/3 Weeks 1-4 zercher squats 6/5/4/3/3/3 Weeks 5-8 rack deadlifts 8/6/5/3/3/3 Standing leg curls 10*3 Stiff legged dead lifts 10*3 Reverse hypers 10*3 Standing calf raises 20*3 If this workout interest you I will write up the rest. Basically doing a strength phase in cycle and then finishing the cycle with a BB routine.
    Looks good BB!

I always kept my reps in 6-15range depends on exercise and body part. I was never after strength to much, always went for size, but after plateau occurs I started reading some articles that stated the fact that strength leads you to size. And progressive overload is not able to get without adding weight.

You said it is 8weeker what is the phase that follows this workout?? (After 8 weeks)

How often should u add weight?

Main mainly focus is on chest and back, could u share these routines please?

Looks good BB!

I always kept my reps in 6-15range depends on exercise and body part. I was never after strength to much, always went for size, but after plateau occurs I started reading some articles that stated the fact that strength leads you to size. And progressive overload is not able to get without adding weight.

You said it is 8weeker what is the phase that follows this workout?? (After 8 weeks)

How often should u add weight?

Main mainly focus is on chest and back, could u share these routines please?
    Yes exactly......that's why I started the strength routine so I will be going back as a stronger bodybuilder. I increase weight by taking my last set on a triple ( say close bench went 205*8/225*6/250*5/285*3/300*3/
    315*3) then I would make that my first set of triplets the next time I do the exercise.

Yes exactly......that's why I started the strength routine so I will be going back as a stronger bodybuilder. I increase weight by taking my last set on a triple ( say close bench went 205*8/225*6/250*5/285*3/300*3/ 315*3) then I would make that my first set of triplets the next time I do the exercise.
    And can u add the routines for chest and back please?

And can u add the routines for chest and back please?
    I will def write them up for you tonight .....promise

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

I will def write them up for you tonight .....promise
    Alright bro, here you go:
    Day 2
    Stability ball weighted crunches 2 to fail
    Lower ab Mach. 1 set to fail
    Floor presses 8/6/5/3/3/3
    30 degree bbl incline press 8/6/5/4/4
    Dbl lying ext 10*4
    Triceps bar overhead ext 10*4
    Rear delts 10*4
    Standing ez bar curl 10*4
    Seated fat bar curls 10*4
    Day 3)
    Standing rope crunch 2 sets to fail
    Kettle bell trunk twist 10*3
    Seated dbl lateral raises 10*4
    Standing fat bar military press 5*5
    Standing plate raises 10*4
    Close grip bench 8/6/5/3/3/3
    Dbl overhead extensions 10*4
    Gaspari bar curls 10*4
    Day 4)
    Kneeling rope crunch 2 sets to fail
    Weighted leg raise and crunch 1 set to fail
    Hypers 10*3
    Leg press 8*3
    Speed squats 3*8 ( this is done in percentages changing every week)
    Speed deadlifts 2*5
    Bent over rows 8*4
    Plate loaded pulldowns wide 10*4
    Lat pulldowns close grip 10*4
    One arm dbl rows 8/8/6/6
    Weighted hypers 10.3
    Let me know if you have questions.

Alright bro, here you go: Day 2 Stability ball weighted crunches 2 to fail Lower ab Mach. 1 set to fail Floor presses 8/6/5/3/3/3 30 degree bbl incline press 8/6/5/4/4 Dbl lying ext 10*4 Triceps bar overhead ext 10*4 Rear delts 10*4 Standing ez bar curl 10*4 Seated fat bar curls 10*4 Day 3) Standing rope crunch 2 sets to fail Kettle bell trunk twist 10*3 Seated dbl lateral raises 10*4 Standing fat bar military press 5*5 Standing plate raises 10*4 Close grip bench 8/6/5/3/3/3 Dbl overhead extensions 10*4 Gaspari bar curls 10*4 Day 4) Kneeling rope crunch 2 sets to fail Weighted leg raise and crunch 1 set to fail Hypers 10*3 Leg press 8*3 Speed squats 3*8 ( this is done in percentages changing every week) Speed deadlifts 2*5 Bent over rows 8*4 Plate loaded pulldowns wide 10*4 Lat pulldowns close grip 10*4 One arm dbl rows 8/8/6/6 Weighted hypers 10.3 Let me know if you have questions.
    Super exited to try it out BB! Thanks a lot!!

I got one technical question, when u do bbl incline benchpress, do u touch chest? What angel are u keeping your elbows? And how far to your neck is the bar?

Super exited to try it out BB! Thanks a lot!!

I got one technical question, when u do bbl incline benchpress, do u touch chest? What angel are u keeping your elbows? And how far to your neck is the bar?
    You are welcome, I hope you get something out of it. I do touch my chest and if I had to guess the bar hits probably right in between the nip and the base of my throat....mid chest lets say. My grip is a few inches in from the outside rings...not a true PL grip so I keep them at about a 90 degree angle. This is something I am working on and I have been able to transition to a PL grip on shoulder work. So....elbow angle just falls in line with the grip. My shoulders feel way better with the small adjustments to bring my hands a little further in on the bar and it's something really worth taking a look at.

You are welcome, I hope you get something out of it. I do touch my chest and if I had to guess the bar hits probably right in between the nip and the base of my throat....mid chest lets say. My grip is a few inches in from the outside rings...not a true PL grip so I keep them at about a 90 degree angle. This is something I am working on and I have been able to transition to a PL grip on shoulder work. So....elbow angle just falls in line with the grip. My shoulders feel way better with the small adjustments to bring my hands a little further in on the bar and it's something really worth taking a look at.
    Hey BB!

I am experimenting with your style of workout and I enjoy it a lot!

New stuff is always fun and body doesnt know what is happening.

How long should I do it for? 6-8weeks?

Hey BB!

I am experimenting with your style of workout and I enjoy it a lot!

New stuff is always fun and body doesnt know what is happening.

How long should I do it for? 6-8weeks?
    Try it for 8 weeks. That's how long they are designed for me. You will def get stronger and keep you from getting stagnent. Let me know what you think at the end. Have fun with it.

Thread Information