Thread: Burning feeling

firedup is offline Junior Member

Burning feeling

what is the best and quickest way to disipate the lactic acid in my legs, the day after i do squats? I just started doing them again, because of a post i read here on how deep a person should go.
    But the day after i squat i am fucked. i love to feel the burn and know that my workout really did something, but it is hard to walk.
    any suggestions? besides to quite whinning.

steelblazin is offline Junior Member
    hot showers and leg rubs work for me. the theory is that if you keep the lactic acid out of the area by breaking it up, it moves through your system quicker...hence the faster recovery. besides, it just stays where you worked so you're in pain for days instead of a day. try some anti-oxidants too...can't hurt!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    the day after leg day, do a quick set of squats with light weights, just to get soem blood going to the muscle

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Getting rid of the lactid acid build-up . . .

Best bet, if your gym or club has one: A whirpool or Jacuzzi, preferably with decent jets.

Second best: Steam room or sauna. Sweat it out.

(I'm lucky - I go to a real gym, as opposed to a bourgeois fitness club, but they have both a whirpool and steam room. )

If none of the above are available after the workout, go with steelblazin's suggestion: hot showers and leg rubs. If you have a hand-held shower head with adjustable spray, set it on hard and give your legs a good going over.

But all of the above are best done immediately after the workout - don't bother waiting until the next day (think preventively, not correctively).

firedup is offline Junior Member
    Alright, thanks for the suggestions.
    i will put these theories to the test tonight.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    After you do squats i would go on the bike for 10 mins but just do it gently ....

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    drink drink drink..water is a good lactic acid buffer...try this..also massages and hot baths ..like some has already mention but make sure you're drinking enough water

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Post workout streaching will help along with a cool down. You can also take baking soda prior to your workout, it acts as a lactic acid buffer during your workout.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Baking Soda

take a bit of baking soda before you go train legs, acts as a buffer so you get less build up. Sorry i don't know amount, cyclists use this a lot. Distance running etc.. sure you can find something on net.

FLY
    FLY is offline New Member
    L-Glutamine is also good for muscle recovery. I use it and I don't feel sore the next day and I can hit the gym again the next day. Different body parts of course.

bufchic is offline Associate Member
    Mix walking or bike for 10min. with a lot of stretching.

Thread Information