Thread: Love handles

Storm86 is offline New Member

Love handles

Hiya everyone,

Looking for some advice from the exercise guru's here with regard to my stubborn fat on my hips and abs.

the background:

I am 6 foot and weigh 82kg, training with a combination of weights, cardio and HIIT, my diet is clean with moderate protein and fat and carbs are limited to post workout recovery. I have noticed changes in my physique over the past few months but there are still these damn love handles, I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but please can someone advise either some workout or diet tips that can help

thank you in advance

Storm86

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Could you post up your entire diet in detail, including macros for each meal and total calories?

Males generally carry most of their fat in the abdomen and lower back, as opposed to women, who carry most of it in their thighs, hips, and triceps. You cannot spot reduce fat. It sounds like you're on the right track since you've been noticing a change in your physique, but you're just going to have to keep at it in order to get that last bit of fat off your midsection. What stats did you start at (age, weight, bodyfat)? In order for us to help, we'll need to see your diet. It also wouldn't hurt to post up your workout routine.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm86 View Post
    Hiya everyone,

Looking for some advice from the exercise guru's here with regard to my stubborn fat on my hips and abs.

the background:

I am 6 foot and weigh 82kg, training with a combination of weights, cardio and HIIT, my diet is clean with moderate protein and fat and carbs are limited to post workout recovery. I have noticed changes in my physique over the past few months but there are still these damn love handles, I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but please can someone advise either some workout or diet tips that can help

thank you in advance

Storm86
    That must be your stubborn area as we all have them. Keep tweaking your diet to eventually melt them away. This is my problem area as well and all the ab exercises in the world wont fix that.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I am a walking love handle so I can sympathize but how can you have love handles at 6'0 and 82kg? Not much muscle on your frame or?

I had no such issues at 6'0 93kg but at 122kg butter me up baby I am all that is handles. Keep the cardio and diet there, it's a tough one but you'll find the sweet spot and get it done.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You just have to keep losing bodyfat until they shrink, you can't spot reduce fat as mentioned. One things for sure though, don't do things like side bends or side crunches because then you're growing the muscles under that area, making it appear worse.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    You sound like youre what they fall "skinny fat" its ok, just keep training and eating good. They might be the last thing to leave. But they will go eventually. ..... good luck

Thread Information