RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member

Weighted Clothing

Does anyone here use any weighted clothing?
    I've used the belt and just hung some weights off it for pull ups and dips but thats the extent of my experience.

there are also Weighted vests ankles wrists shirts shorts. Whats good for sprints and/or to just wear all the time?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RewardingLabor View Post
    I've used the belt and just hung some weights off it for pull ups and dips but thats the extent of my experience.

there are also Weighted vests ankles wrists shirts shorts. Whats good for sprints and/or to just wear all the time?
    Are you an actual sprinter or just do them for fun/benefits? I ask bc technique oriented training done weighted can compromise technique and from there performance.

I personally don't use any weighted clothing or ankle weights but I made my own dip belt out of chain and a carabiner. I use that for weighted dips, chin-ups, and pull-ups. Works great and was less than $20 for the materials. The chain is good for up to 800lbs or so and the carabiner for 600lbs. Not that I need that much weight though lol.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member

My brother trains alot with a weighted vest. He will snow shoe with the damn thing on! He trains for alot of endurance events (tough mudders, Spartan races, etc. )

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    I don't sprint competitively if thats what you mean by actual sprinting. I just want to become faster than I am, same mindset I bring to lifting really (though I'm a lot closer to competing in lifting than sprinting haha… actually due to injuries I'm probably months away from sprinting, this is a very long term project).

Snow shoe as in walks on snow? I wonder if thats easier on the joints than walking on grass. From asking around here and other places it does seem that this type of thing is more of an endurance thing and less for bodybuilding/ powerlifting, maybe its not right if I want to get bigger, maybe only if I want to get stronger and didn't care about size.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't sprint competitively if thats what you mean by actual sprinting. I just want to become faster than I am, same mindset I bring to lifting really (though I'm a lot closer to competing in lifting than sprinting haha... actually due to injuries I'm probably months away from sprinting, this is a very long term project).

Snow shoe as in walks on snow? I wonder if thats easier on the joints than walking on grass. From asking around here and other places it does seem that this type of thing is more of an endurance thing and less for bodybuilding/ powerlifting, maybe its not right if I want to get bigger, maybe only if I want to get stronger and didn't care about size.
    Really its more of an endurance training sorta thing.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    For being faster and more explosive I like doing prowler work, box jumps, sprinting, dynamic effort lifting, and the Oly lifts.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've seen some of the track athletes train using various sizes of parachutes behind them. It looks much safer than trying to run with added weight to your body.

noon is offline Senior Member
    I have a weighted vest for pull ups and other speed movements.
    Be carefull with your lower back. It's not meant to be that out of whack.

skaz915 is offline Member
    Some douche wears a weighted vest at the gym religiously. Only time he doesnt is benching and abs. Literally everything else, squats dls you name it. I cant help but shake my head when i see him. A friend asked him about it, no reason for the vest he had read about them online.

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    Weighted attire is a manifestation of safety preparing, for the most part a sort of weight preparing. Not with standing the more prominent impact of gravity on the individual, it likewise includes safety amid ballistic developments.

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    I usually hang some weights onto belt for pull ups. Not sure if there's a real need of some special clothing.

Thread Information