Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How long is your workout?!

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I usually do about 30 minutes per group. I train 2 groups power session (except leg day). so an hour per session, 30 minutes on leg day

Trevis is offline Associate Member
    45 - 60 min

spin_doctor is offline Junior Member
    Usually about 30-40 minutes. I switch weekly between same muscle group and opposite grouping with no rest. Example would be on week one, Mondays and Thursdays I would do Chest and Triceps, the next week might be Chest and Biceps. No rest means NO REST. I go from set to set. I hit a rep range of 10-15 reps as heavy as I can go for that range. I am exhausted afterwards and have been seeing good results over the past couple of months doing it that way.

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    It depends on my schedule, mental state, etc. No more than 60 min usually.

rahulsingh265 is offline Junior Member
    45-60 min...

Mr.Anderson is offline Associate Member
    about an hr or so. maybe a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsingh265 View Post
    45-60 min...
    hi! do you have gyms in India? O_o just curious.

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    Depending on workout, some just take longer than others, but usually around 1.5hrs including warmup. Gym usually takes up all my free time during weekdays when I go, 1hr for going there and coming back, and 1.5 for the lifting, after which im beat and just eat and sleep lol.

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    Around an hr or so + 30 min cardio.

TonyThaTyga is offline New Member
    Hey, newbie to the forum, about to start a log. Uherm :S I felt like such an outsider reading over some of these posts lol. Uhrm, would you all think it wise to hit three body parts with the true intent to do damage and only rest for two days on test/tren /dbol ?

For example, my upper-body workout will be
    60 Lat reps
    60 Chest reps
    60 Medial delt reps
    As you can see I want to widen out, but I could easily just get slimmer if that is overtraining. I would love to believe though, that because I am targeting different muscle groups that it couldn't possibly be overtraining but I just don't know! Can someone please help me? I swore never to overtrain again after losing all my muscle once. I just couldn't believe it.

Anywho that workout could take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2.5 depending on how I feel. I wouldn't just splurge it out everytime lol.

Also, can you tell me what you think about training without sets and simply goto failure(hence "intent to damage"), or set exercises and just do random workouts for an muscle group whilst working it? :]]]
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-15-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyThaTyga
    Hey, newbie to the forum, about to start a log. Uherm :S I felt like such an outsider reading over some of these posts lol. Uhrm, would you all think it wise to hit three body parts with the true intent to do damage and only rest for two days on test/tren /dbol ?

For example, my upper-body workout will be
    60 Lat reps
    60 Chest reps
    60 Medial delt reps
    As you can see I want to widen out, but I could easily just get slimmer if that is overtraining. I would love to believe though, that because I am targeting different muscle groups that it couldn't possibly be overtraining but I just don't know! Can someone please help me? I swore never to overtrain again after losing all my muscle once. I just couldn't believe it.

Anywho that workout could take anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2.5 depending on how I feel. I wouldn't just splurge it out everytime lol.

Also, can you tell me what you think about training without sets and simply goto failure(hence "intent to damage"), or set exercises and just do random workouts for an muscle group whilst working it? :]]]
    Intent to damage seems to add a lot of chance for injuries.... My training usually varies depending on goal but for normal muscle building the usual is 30-45 min 3x a week... One warm up set 1-2 sets to failure... Usually one high rep and one low rep heavy weight and sometimes one more set to burn out... Light weight high reps around 15-25; really as many reps as possible.... Everything except for warm up is to failure for me..

Well yes, I train to failure in order to ensure damage for them to yatayata you probably already know.

How many muscle groups do you hit in that 45 minute period if you don't mind me asking? I ask, because my workout can take 2 hours which seems like abit much but as you can see it is comprised of three different muscle groups. I guess what i'm trying to ask is does reps performed with an muscle group or time spent working out determine whether or not one is overtraining.

I can see why its overtraining what with it taking two hours to go about, but at the same time I don't because it is long because there are three muscle groups instead of the typical two. But I mean like it'll take me like 25-45 minutes to do 60 reps lol.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-15-2015 at 10:52 PM.

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyThaTyga
    Well yes, I train to failure in order to ensure damage for them to yatayata you probably already know.

How many muscle groups do you hit in that 45 minute period if you don't mind me asking? I ask, because my workout can take 2 hours which seems like abit much but as you can see it is comprised of three different muscle groups. I guess what i'm trying to ask is does reps performed with an muscle group or time spent working out determine whether or not one is overtraining.

I can see why its overtraining what with it taking two hours to go about, but at the same time I don't because it is long because there are three muscle groups instead of the typical two. But I mean like it'll take me like 25-45 minutes to do 60 reps lol.
    I dont understand why your basing your workout around how many reps performed.... Focus on how many sets you've done not reps... Overtraining is usually from working out for too long... I do a push legs and pull split so I do multiple muscle groups in each workout and my workouts are usually 45min's or so... 1 warm up set and 1-2 working sets with maybe one or two lifts having a burn out set after my working set... All sets to failure except for warm up... 6-10 working sets per muscle group is plenty... Going to absolute failure is so taxing on your body that 2hr workouts when going to failure are impossible without dropping the weight so much the workout weight would be a joke....
    Duo likes this.

I meant failure with the weight i'm trying to adapt to.
    For example, I side lateral raise 40lbs until I can't complete anymore reps with it, rest, and then do it again until I reach 60 reps.

I would like to do that with my delts, lats, and chest on the same day and rest only for two days, and it could take 1 1/2 - 2 1/4 of an hour.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-16-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information