Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zempey
  • 1 Post By zempey
  • 1 Post By Docd187123

Thread: routine for hitting each muscle once per week

TheEspada is offline Junior Member

routine for hitting each muscle once per week

Could someone guide me to a routine to hit each muscle 1 time per week " currently off cycle for 3 more months "
    I am following push/leg/pull routine.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    My split is as follows.
    Mon: back
    Tues: chest
    Wed: rest/cardio your pick
    Thurs: legs
    Fri:shoulders
    Sat: arms
    Sun: rest/cardio your pick

This split works great for me, gives me a mid week break and keeps enough time in between chest and shoulders to avoid rotator issues. I used to do chest before back but there wasn't enough time to recoup after shoulders then tri's, my chest was suffering, now the split seems perfect for me.
    TheEspada likes this.

TheEspada is offline Junior Member
    Seems awesome should i follow it even off cycle cause i read around the net that split sucks when you are " natural" and if i follow it could you give guidelines to structure the routine sets and stuff like that, sorry if i am asking for so much ☺

I run this split year round, cycle or not. I am almost 43 and there is no way I could hit each body part twice per week the way I lift, I just don't recover, juice or not.

I recently switched up to shorter rest periods between sets, I used to train more power lifter rest periods, like 2-3 min per set, I am doing 45-60sec now and I really like it.

As for structure, I do 4-6 exercises of 8-12 reps per body part. On big lifts the first two sets are to build up to the 2 heavier working sets. For more of the isolation movements, I will typically do 4 sets of 8-12 with the same weight, you just need to experiment to find what your weights are so you fail in the 8-12 range.

You should check out marcus' diary thread, he does HIIT style training, where you do a couple warm up or feel sets then one all out to absolute failure set. It is complex mentally to truly achieve absolute failure, but it really works for some people. Give the thread a read or ask some training questions in there, lots of good shit going on in that thread.
    TheEspada likes this.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Full body workout 3-4x per wk is what I do. I'd rather have a higher frequency training than lower.
    Khazima likes this.

majojav is offline New Member
    Almost everyone I know that is a gym rat designates days to different parts. Is that an absolute must, e.g. do your chest, arms need a whole week to recover?

Depends on the person, what works for some might not work for others. I need a week to recover the way I train, plus at some point my other muscle groups are brought into play while doing others, so they get second hand work throughout the week.

Thread Information