Thread: Pullovers

Lee_1978 is offline Member

Pullovers

I'm a big fan of this exercise. I love how it hits my upper chest, moreso than the incline bench and forces me to focus on my breathing technique while also hitting my lats, triceps and shoulders. I hear Arnie was a fan and attributed it to a bigger rib cage (how this happened, I'm unsure).

Does anyone else use this exercise in their training and what benefits have you seen?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've used DB pullovers to stretch the rib cage in order to reduce the ROM for the bench. You can't use too heavy a weight for stretching or you'll engage muscles that will constrict the stretching. 2 or 3 sets of 15 is all I do. The younger you are the more you'll get out of this movement. The cartilage tends to stiffen up as you age but it still works.
    Last edited by 600@50; 02-18-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I always do it as 1st exercise of back day. Before used to do chest and back, db pullovers were always the transition exercise.

Eventually ran out of dbs, so now I do it with barbell. I feel it hits my lat much more than pec.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    It hits the serratus nicely(when tightening down at end of moment(concentric) then stretching the rib cage(eccentric)...

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I always do it as 1st exercise of back day. Before used to do chest and back, db pullovers were always the transition exercise.

Eventually ran out of dbs, so now I do it with barbell. I feel it hits my lat much more than pec.
    I feel it in my lats and triceps most certainly, but my pecs seem to bear the brunt.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I have used it on occasion, might throw them in heavier now that my RC aren't messed up anymore. I do like the stretch they give, and I feel it in my chest as well as my back, depends what muscle I am concentrating on while doing them.

Thread Information