kewe is offline Associate Member

HIIT Question and Workout Schedule

Right now I am doing a split routine M and Th Chest, Tri's and Shoulders and T and F - Legs, back and Bi's. Sticking to all compound exercises and doing well so far.

I am also doing HIIT on M - W -F - 5 min warm up then 60 seconds at 80 to 90% max heart rate and then back down to 70% for 10 cycles -. Other days I walk on the treadmill around 60 to 70% of Max HR.

Will doing HIIT impact my gains on my legs - is this too much stress for my body to take?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kewe View Post
    Right now I am doing a split routine M and Th Chest, Tri's and Shoulders and T and F - Legs, back and Bi's. Sticking to all compound exercises and doing well so far.

I am also doing HIIT on M - W -F - 5 min warm up then 60 seconds at 80 to 90% max heart rate and then back down to 70% for 10 cycles -. Other days I walk on the treadmill around 60 to 70% of Max HR.

Will doing HIIT impact my gains on my legs - is this too much stress for my body to take?
    I believe that too much cardio will take a toll on gains. One thing is some light cardio a few times a week but if you want size then I would tone it back a bit.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    i think that is ok and really long cardio sessions are not good for gains, but hiit is actually an anaerobic exercise.

i don't like long boring cardio my self and in my cardio day i do intervals. faster workout and more cals burned.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

I believe that too much cardio will take a toll on gains. One thing is some light cardio a few times a week but if you want size then I would tone it back a bit.
    Absolutely correct. You must leave your body an energy reserve to grow. If you deplete that reserve your gains will suffer.

kewe is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the advice. When I don't do some kind of cardio I feel guilty... lol

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kewe View Post
    Thanks for the advice. When I don't do some kind of cardio I feel guilty... lol
    Cardio def leaves you feeling fulfilled but you can't bench in the 400's and be a Marathon runner. Specific goals require specific training.

Thread Information