Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Bad Gym days frequently

Tricepticon is offline New Member

Bad Gym days frequently

How do I stop bad gym days? I'm eating more than enough, getting at least 6 hours of sleep, etc. I'll have one workout be so good people come up to me asking where to buy and if I sell gear. While ATLEAST once a week I'll get a day where I'm lifting 30% less and just no drive. I'm planning on starting my first cycle and I can't have this bs happen

Here's my diet
    1 and 1/3c egg whites 1/2 cup oats
    8oz lean beef cup rice broccoli
    8oz chicken 1 cup rice or sweet potatoe and carrots
    Banana protein shake 1 scoop
    8oz chicken or beef 1 cup rice
    1-2 hrs then gym
    10 oz any protein any good carb
    Casein protein shake before bed

uhit is offline Member
    Try drinking some black coffee before a workout to get a quick 'kick'?

When I'm lacking in strength or drive, I usually will have a coffee and be fine after. Much better than using preworkouts imo

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    For me personally my mind is my own best friend / worst enemy. Try watching some workout videos on YouTube use before you hit the gym. Get a new routine, maybe a new pre work out or fat burner for energy. I always have my best days when i eat 60+ grams of starchy carbs one hour before I hit the gym. Also aminos are a must for me intra-workout.

On cycle your motivation will always be much higher for many reasons. For one the gains coming tend to motivate Very well.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon View Post
    How do I stop bad gym days? I'm eating more than enough, getting at least 6 hours of sleep, etc. I'll have one workout be so good people come up to me asking where to buy and if I sell gear. While ATLEAST once a week I'll get a day where I'm lifting 30% less and just no drive. I'm planning on starting my first cycle and I can't have this bs happen

Here's my diet
    1 and 1/3c egg whites 1/2 cup oats
    8oz lean beef cup rice broccoli
    8oz chicken 1 cup rice or sweet potatoe and carrots
    Banana protein shake 1 scoop
    8oz chicken or beef 1 cup rice
    1-2 hrs then gym
    10 oz any protein any good carb
    Casein protein shake before bed
    Usually that isn't the case on cycle. Your workouts should be off the charts as your cycle progresses.
    NACH3 likes this.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    as mentioned caffeine!!!!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are having bad days then something is wrong with your nutrition or your rest. I never have bad days at the gym. Are you mixing things up or are you just lifting heavy all the time? What rep range are you shooting for?

I really don't have a fixed training program, I just make sure I hit a few compound lifts then pump as much blood as I can with accessory work. Some reps are for 4, some 30 like rope push down. I also do a lot of drop sets. But, i have a physique close to george butler (some kid) just not as lean, I might even be bigger. Btw I've been taking me Hyde for a while and its not working as good

Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon
    I really don't have a fixed training program, I just make sure I hit a few compound lifts then pump as much blood as I can with accessory work. Some reps are for 4, some 30 like rope push down. I also do a lot of drop sets. But, i have a physique close to george butler (some kid) just not as lean, I might even be bigger. Btw I've been taking me Hyde for a while and its not working as good
    how do you judge your gains?

If I'm feeling good I throw more weight on and make sure each week I do ATLEAST as good as last week or go for more reps/weight

I'm assuming I have above average genetics and with hard work comes results, sort of like branch warren style vs Matt Ogus

Are you training at the same time each day? I try to keep my training time consistent so that I have consumed the same amount of food each day and I always wait one hour after I eat to train. Then by the time I am done with training and cardio it's time to eat again
    NACH3 likes this.

Yeah always leave 6:30-7. I'm gonna try out waiting longer after my pre workout meal. I also wait an hour but maybe I haven't digested it enough, I've read so many threads/articles claiming pre workouts are better on an empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon
    Yeah always leave 6:30-7. I'm gonna try out waiting longer after my pre workout meal. I also wait an hour but maybe I haven't digested it enough, I've read so many threads/articles claiming pre workouts are better on an empty stomach.
    I eat my meal wait 30 minutes and drink my pre workout. Then head to the gym and by the time I get there and ready it's been an hour. Most pre workout take about 30 minutes to kick so that's why I do it that way

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I too, will wake up at 4 do my pinning eat some oats/banana or Apple a shk wait 30min as well then pre- workout

I don't like feeling too bogged down by 530am workouts...I prefer fasted cardio but can't keep that intensity without some carbs and fats - after I'll have a big meal(8 egg whites w/veggies,spinach, meat, ch, more oats(or a bagel)a banana etcIt's key to switch things up(routine etc... But I always go at the same time... As Bio stated its much better to keep the same consistant routine & time)....

Just My exoerience!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I too, will wake up at 4 do my pinning eat some oats/banana or Apple a shk wait 30min as well then pre- workout

I don't like feeling too bogged down by 530am workouts...I prefer fasted cardio but can't keep that intensity without some carbs and fats - after I'll have a big meal(8 egg whites w/veggies,spinach, meat, ch, more oats(or a bagel)a banana etcIt's key to switch things up(routine etc... But I always go at the same time... As Bio stated its much better to keep the same consistant routine & time)....

Just My exoerience!
    You should pin at 3:50......you would grow more.....lol

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    LMAO! I know and I should use delts as they're more effective too... Lol To funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    You should pin at 3:50......you would grow more.....lol
    3:32

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    LOL - I can meet You both in the middle at 3:41... Maybe that'll help! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    LOL - I can meet You both in the middle at 3:41... Maybe that'll help! LMAO
    Alternate each delt and see which one grows more!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Alternate each delt and see which one grows more!
    lol You know I've been and they seem to both be the same size still... Lol

i better read that article(by the doc) in that "pinning your delts...." Thread... Haha

oldnfl42 is offline New Member
    There are many routes to getting amped up for a workout, some home made others off the shelf. I prefer convenience, so my go pre-workout ritual is to have a cup of coffee, then two scoops of Super NOS and a 1/4 or 1/2 capsule of Yohimbe.

You will come down of course, but being up like that helps me significantly. Take a small dose of Yohimbe to see how you react to it before, since it will raise your blood pressure and heart rate, because it acts similar to an amphetamine.

jrock1942 is offline New Member
    Nothing gets me more amped for lifting than watching pretty much any Jason Stathom movie. Especially crank

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    Giving your eating regimen and slumber are under control, preparing every muscle amass twice every week is far unrivaled from a muscle development point of view.

Thread Information