Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Bad Gym days frequently

  1. #1
    Tricepticon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    35

    Bad Gym days frequently

    How do I stop bad gym days? I'm eating more than enough, getting at least 6 hours of sleep, etc. I'll have one workout be so good people come up to me asking where to buy and if I sell gear. While ATLEAST once a week I'll get a day where I'm lifting 30% less and just no drive. I'm planning on starting my first cycle and I can't have this bs happen

    Here's my diet
    1 and 1/3c egg whites 1/2 cup oats
    8oz lean beef cup rice broccoli
    8oz chicken 1 cup rice or sweet potatoe and carrots
    Banana protein shake 1 scoop
    8oz chicken or beef 1 cup rice
    1-2 hrs then gym
    10 oz any protein any good carb
    Casein protein shake before bed

  2. #2
    uhit's Avatar
    uhit is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    651
    Try drinking some black coffee before a workout to get a quick 'kick'?

    When I'm lacking in strength or drive, I usually will have a coffee and be fine after. Much better than using preworkouts imo

  3. #3
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    For me personally my mind is my own best friend / worst enemy. Try watching some workout videos on YouTube use before you hit the gym. Get a new routine, maybe a new pre work out or fat burner for energy. I always have my best days when i eat 60+ grams of starchy carbs one hour before I hit the gym. Also aminos are a must for me intra-workout.

    On cycle your motivation will always be much higher for many reasons. For one the gains coming tend to motivate Very well.

  4. #4
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon View Post
    How do I stop bad gym days? I'm eating more than enough, getting at least 6 hours of sleep, etc. I'll have one workout be so good people come up to me asking where to buy and if I sell gear. While ATLEAST once a week I'll get a day where I'm lifting 30% less and just no drive. I'm planning on starting my first cycle and I can't have this bs happen

    Here's my diet
    1 and 1/3c egg whites 1/2 cup oats
    8oz lean beef cup rice broccoli
    8oz chicken 1 cup rice or sweet potatoe and carrots
    Banana protein shake 1 scoop
    8oz chicken or beef 1 cup rice
    1-2 hrs then gym
    10 oz any protein any good carb
    Casein protein shake before bed
    Usually that isn't the case on cycle. Your workouts should be off the charts as your cycle progresses.
    NACH3 likes this.

  5. #5
    chi's Avatar
    chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    corruption
    Posts
    1,782
    as mentioned caffeine!!!!

  6. #6
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    If you are having bad days then something is wrong with your nutrition or your rest. I never have bad days at the gym. Are you mixing things up or are you just lifting heavy all the time? What rep range are you shooting for?

  7. #7
    Tricepticon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    35
    I really don't have a fixed training program, I just make sure I hit a few compound lifts then pump as much blood as I can with accessory work. Some reps are for 4, some 30 like rope push down. I also do a lot of drop sets. But, i have a physique close to george butler (some kid) just not as lean, I might even be bigger. Btw I've been taking me Hyde for a while and its not working as good

  8. #8
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon
    I really don't have a fixed training program, I just make sure I hit a few compound lifts then pump as much blood as I can with accessory work. Some reps are for 4, some 30 like rope push down. I also do a lot of drop sets. But, i have a physique close to george butler (some kid) just not as lean, I might even be bigger. Btw I've been taking me Hyde for a while and its not working as good
    how do you judge your gains?

  9. #9
    Tricepticon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    35
    If I'm feeling good I throw more weight on and make sure each week I do ATLEAST as good as last week or go for more reps/weight

  10. #10
    Tricepticon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    35
    I'm assuming I have above average genetics and with hard work comes results, sort of like branch warren style vs Matt Ogus

  11. #11
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Are you training at the same time each day? I try to keep my training time consistent so that I have consumed the same amount of food each day and I always wait one hour after I eat to train. Then by the time I am done with training and cardio it's time to eat again
    NACH3 likes this.

  12. #12
    Tricepticon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    35
    Yeah always leave 6:30-7. I'm gonna try out waiting longer after my pre workout meal. I also wait an hour but maybe I haven't digested it enough, I've read so many threads/articles claiming pre workouts are better on an empty stomach.

  13. #13
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricepticon
    Yeah always leave 6:30-7. I'm gonna try out waiting longer after my pre workout meal. I also wait an hour but maybe I haven't digested it enough, I've read so many threads/articles claiming pre workouts are better on an empty stomach.
    I eat my meal wait 30 minutes and drink my pre workout. Then head to the gym and by the time I get there and ready it's been an hour. Most pre workout take about 30 minutes to kick so that's why I do it that way

  14. #14
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    I too, will wake up at 4 do my pinning eat some oats/banana or Apple a shk wait 30min as well then pre- workout

    I don't like feeling too bogged down by 530am workouts...I prefer fasted cardio but can't keep that intensity without some carbs and fats - after I'll have a big meal(8 egg whites w/veggies,spinach, meat, ch, more oats(or a bagel)a banana etcIt's key to switch things up(routine etc... But I always go at the same time... As Bio stated its much better to keep the same consistant routine & time)....

    Just My exoerience!

  15. #15
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I too, will wake up at 4 do my pinning eat some oats/banana or Apple a shk wait 30min as well then pre- workout

    I don't like feeling too bogged down by 530am workouts...I prefer fasted cardio but can't keep that intensity without some carbs and fats - after I'll have a big meal(8 egg whites w/veggies,spinach, meat, ch, more oats(or a bagel)a banana etcIt's key to switch things up(routine etc... But I always go at the same time... As Bio stated its much better to keep the same consistant routine & time)....

    Just My exoerience!
    You should pin at 3:50......you would grow more.....lol

  16. #16
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    LMAO! I know and I should use delts as they're more effective too... Lol To funny!

  17. #17
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    You should pin at 3:50......you would grow more.....lol
    3:32

  18. #18
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    LOL - I can meet You both in the middle at 3:41... Maybe that'll help! LMAO

  19. #19
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    LOL - I can meet You both in the middle at 3:41... Maybe that'll help! LMAO
    Alternate each delt and see which one grows more!

  20. #20
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Alternate each delt and see which one grows more!
    lol You know I've been and they seem to both be the same size still... Lol

    i better read that article(by the doc) in that "pinning your delts...." Thread... Haha

  21. #21
    oldnfl42's Avatar
    oldnfl42 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    20
    There are many routes to getting amped up for a workout, some home made others off the shelf. I prefer convenience, so my go pre-workout ritual is to have a cup of coffee, then two scoops of Super NOS and a 1/4 or 1/2 capsule of Yohimbe.

    You will come down of course, but being up like that helps me significantly. Take a small dose of Yohimbe to see how you react to it before, since it will raise your blood pressure and heart rate, because it acts similar to an amphetamine.

  22. #22
    jrock1942 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4
    Nothing gets me more amped for lifting than watching pretty much any Jason Stathom movie. Especially crank

  23. #23
    papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    29
    Giving your eating regimen and slumber are under control, preparing every muscle amass twice every week is far unrivaled from a muscle development point of view.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •