blakegains is offline Junior Member

Best way to strengthen less dominant side? Help!

Can anyone point to a thread or give me advice on how to strengthen my left side ( right handed ). I mainly do GVT, every 2 months or so I will test my 1rm's. I'm making great strength and mass gains while dropping body fat, but have noticed that might right side looks fuller than the left. My less dominant side ( left ) isn't weak and doesn't affect my bench, press, bb rows etc....
    I just want to make my left side look like my strong side.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegains View Post
    Can anyone point to a thread or give me advice on how to strengthen my left side ( right handed ). I mainly do GVT, every 2 months or so I will test my 1rm's. I'm making great strength and mass gains while dropping body fat, but have noticed that might right side looks fuller than the left. My less dominant side ( left ) isn't weak and doesn't affect my bench, press, bb rows etc....
    I just want to make my left side look like my strong side.
    Dumbbells are always a good place to start when trying to develop a lagging side.

blakegains is offline Junior Member
    Thanks buster, For the past couple of weeks I'll do like bb curls and then only do db curls with my left arm. Does this seem effective, or should I do db work with both sides, Instead of leaving out the strong side?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegains View Post
    Thanks buster, For the past couple of weeks I'll do like bb curls and then only do db curls with my left arm. Does this seem effective, or should I do db work with both sides, Instead of leaving out the strong side?
    I would do DB on both sides because each side is still pushing/pulling independently. Vary your approach to DB's. You can alternate, do together, singularly one arm at a time.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    I have dedicated whole days to working lagging body parts, stay away from bars if you are uneven because you will lift a lot of the weight with your strong side

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    like others have said, use dumbells instead of bars, and train your weaker side more until you feel they are starting to become more symmetrical in size and strength, and then add in some barbell routines. This is pretty common, especially in arms, more noticeable with regards to strength than actual muscle size tho.

Thread Information