• 2 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Docd187123
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Cardio on Cycle

major34 is offline New Member

Cardio on Cycle

to be honest what i hate most is Cardio but i got no choice to start it after 4 months of delay so here we go :

i am planing to do a test enanthate 1-8 insulin 1-8 EOD soon ( done 1 cycle like this before with great result s)
    so how should be my cardio on these?

is it ok to train 3 days and do 1 hour of cardio on days off ?
    or to train 4 days and 2 days of cardio consisting 1 hour every session..

i also hate cardio so i should give it a little varity so i wanna sign for some Kung fu class to do 2-3 days a week which lasts 1 hour each so thats pretty cool for me .

so is it gonna hinder my gain ?

how about pre or post cycle when i am not cycling ?
    the sessions gonna be on sunday tuesday and thursday . so is it ok that my weekly cardio be on sunday and tuesday so i can skip thursday ?

i am really noob to Cardio someone catches me up please

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone and no it will not hinder your gains
    major34 likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone and no it will not hinder your gains
    If you do as Bio stated on not get into sprint mode then you shouldn't hinder gains.
    major34 likes this.

davesah1 is offline Member
    What is the fat burning zone? I'm interested in your guys actual experience vs the internet contradictions.

I read articles on how High intensity interval cardio is the best for fat loss....
    Then you have articles saying moderate intensity is the way to go for sparing muscle.....
    And of course you have the light cardio just to burn some extra calories and get blood circulating is the best way.

Which is it?
    As far as fat loss or fat gain prevention and muscle sparing is concerned?
    Thanks
    major34 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davesah1
    What is the fat burning zone? I'm interested in your guys actual experience vs the internet contradictions. I read articles on how High intensity interval cardio is the best for fat loss.... Then you have articles saying moderate intensity is the way to go for sparing muscle..... And of course you have the light cardio just to burn some extra calories and get blood circulating is the best way. Which is it? As far as fat loss or fat gain prevention and muscle sparing is concerned? Thanks
    intervals is fine cause your are only getting your heart rate past the zone for a couple minutes then you cool down. In my opinion just walking on the treadmill keeping your heart rate below 130 bum will do the trick right after weight training. 30-40 minutes
    major34 likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    intervals is fine cause your are only getting your heart rate past the zone for a couple minutes then you cool down. In my opinion just walking on the treadmill keeping your heart rate below 130 bum will do the trick right after weight training. 30-40 minutes
    Agreed, thats the best for fat burning.

Just think you need to be in bad cardio conditioning if you get to 130 by walking, I definitely need to jog.
    major34 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    Agreed, thats the best for fat burning. Just think you need to be in bad cardio conditioning if you get to 130 by walking, I definitely need to jog.
    correct I can't get my heart rate to 130 bpm unless I set the tread on a pretty high incline
    major34 and Mr.BB like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    correct I can't get my heart rate to 130 bpm unless I set the tread on a pretty high incline
    Makes sense
    major34 likes this.

The idea is that directly after lifting your body is already in the fat burning zone so hitting the treadmill right after saves you about 20 minutes warm up on the tread
    major34 likes this.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by major34 View Post
    to be honest what i hate most is Cardio but i got no choice to start it after 4 months of delay so here we go :

i am planing to do a test enanthate 1-8 insulin 1-8 EOD soon ( done 1 cycle like this before with great result s)
    so how should be my cardio on these?

is it ok to train 3 days and do 1 hour of cardio on days off ?
    or to train 4 days and 2 days of cardio consisting 1 hour every session..

i also hate cardio so i should give it a little varity so i wanna sign for some Kung fu class to do 2-3 days a week which lasts 1 hour each so thats pretty cool for me .

so is it gonna hinder my gain ?

how about pre or post cycle when i am not cycling ?
    the sessions gonna be on sunday tuesday and thursday . so is it ok that my weekly cardio be on sunday and tuesday so i can skip thursday ?

i am really noob to Cardio someone catches me up please
    Cardio will always interfere with lifting progress just to varying degrees, especially low intensity cardio. High intensity cardio will affect your recovery more than low intensity would but low intensity will also eat into the actual progress moreso.

What's your reasoning for doing cardio? Lose fat? If so you can do that through diet alone. If you want to improve your long endurance then you must sacrifice progress in the weights. There's really not much way around it you just need to figure out what's most important to you.
    major34 likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree with the above. I also don't see anything wrong with a fasted jog in the morning a few times a week.
    major34 likes this.

major34 is offline New Member
    Tnx for comments guys i really appreciate it

What's your reasoning for doing cardio? Lose fat?
    2 years without a good cardio and i feel like my heart muscle is quiet weak and also i want to minimize fat gains on bulking and have higher metabolism.

will Branch chained amino acid +l carntine + caffeine helps with cardio if all used pre cardio ?

Quote Originally Posted by major34
    Tnx for comments guys i really appreciate it 2 years without a good cardio and i feel like my heart muscle is quiet weak and also i want to minimize fat gains on bulking and have higher metabolism. will Branch chained amino acid +l carntine + caffeine helps with cardio if all used pre cardio ?
    another good reason to do low intensity cardio

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    Yes do cardio, I do it 3 times each week. It assists with bp and hdl.

Thread Information