Thread: Arm training

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member

Arm training

How do you add size to your arms? I train only for 7-8 months but in my opinion they are small and they look like shit especially while hanging. I tried everything, 1 arm day, 2 arm days, 3h workouts, 40min workouts, supersets, dropsets, pumping them like crazy with 100 reps sets, going for strenght in 3-6 rep range etc. I also do heavy bench press and deadlifts. I train legs rarely but i do not think that has anything to do with it, as I can squat 100kgs (quiet for maybe less than 10 leg days so far). So what's the problem? My arms are maybe less that 50percent of my body's width and I am sick of that! It even looks funny as my chest and back are much better... What should I do? There are guys training for less time, no diet, I do much heavier in any lifts but our arm size is the same!
    P.s. I eat more than enough. I am gaining at least 0.3-0.5kgs per week while clean bulking (no sugar, alchool etc)

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Big arms......everyone wants em'! One key factor is genetics. You can do everything under the sun and they are going to be what they are going to be. I have trained for 28 years and I don't have big arms (17 1/2 at 220 ....probably 17 and a whisker when I cut) . One thing you can do is focus on thickening your arms as opposed to just wanting big biceps by really hitting your triceps. In that I mean focus on compound movements like the close grip bench press, JM presses, Paul Dicks presses.....these all target all three heads and really thicken up the long head in back of the arm. Your arms will appear Fuller, your bench will go up and it will make arm training less frustrating. You can hit triceps twice a week....try two exercises twice a week and include at least one that I mentioned. You wont get huge triceps doing pushdowns alone.

Bobby B is offline Associate Member
    17.5 flexed or on the hang?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It sounds like your not giving enough time for your body to respond to training, 7 months worth of training and you have done all that within that time frame tells me your not training right anyway. Pick a certain style and learn about it and implement correctly and give it your all. Learning how to train correctly and stimulate those fibers is the key, everyone can do all those protocols but not everyone can do them correctly. You also need to give your arms time to respond.

What is your current arm routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    17.5 flexed or on the hang?
    Why do you ask?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    BB^ is right,
    tricep is biggest muscle of upper arm and responds most times to correct "abuse" most to everyone. I remember having baby arms when I was 15, then pushups, dips on street paralel bars and lots compound movements for triceps filled arm to ~14" cold/~16" flexed at me being 18 ... now bout 10years of nothingness and 1 year in training cold measures ~13.5/flexed~15.5,pumped ~16... bicep hardly responds to any abuse , but never than less I found heavy hammer curls with dropset does fill some of the elongated bicep head which gives this bulk on the arm too. working on it now

Cause your back is wide and your tris look big. nothing bad.

[QUOTE="Bobby B"]Cause your back is wide and your tris look big. nothing bad.[/QUOTE

Thanks....my arms have never been my strong point and what I have discovered is that by really killing that long tri head you will get some thickness that you may not be aware of especially if your not doing compound exercises for triceps or just focusing on biceps.

compounds? Like close grip bench and dips? I got high tris so as much of the long head i can build is my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B
    compounds? Like close grip bench and dips? I got high tris so as much of the long head i can build is my goal.
    Close grip bench press, JM presses, Paul Dicks press are all good examples.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ckton1k View Post
    How do you add size to your arms? I train only for 7-8 months but in my opinion they are small and they look like shit especially while hanging. I tried everything, 1 arm day, 2 arm days, 3h workouts, 40min workouts, supersets, dropsets, pumping them like crazy with 100 reps sets, going for strenght in 3-6 rep range etc. I also do heavy bench press and deadlifts. I train legs rarely but i do not think that has anything to do with it, as I can squat 100kgs (quiet for maybe less than 10 leg days so far). So what's the problem? My arms are maybe less that 50percent of my body's width and I am sick of that! It even looks funny as my chest and back are much better... What should I do? There are guys training for less time, no diet, I do much heavier in any lifts but our arm size is the same!
    P.s. I eat more than enough. I am gaining at least 0.3-0.5kgs per week while clean bulking (no sugar, alchool etc)
    You've had less than 10 leg days in a span of 7 months?

lol. Sorry about that... I'm in no business to talk about arm-development and I went to this thread so I can learn from the other guys, not to give advice.

But I really think that unless you've squatted 150 kilograms for 5 reps, you have no business asking for arm questions.

My arms were always my weakest spot, yet everybody thought I had the biggest arms back when I bench pressed 275 pounds and pendlay rowed 205 for 8 reps (super-strict form) as a teenager (I'm barely getting back to serious lifting again.).

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Why do you ask?
    Because your back muscles are so epic that we need something to make fun of you for...

Ain't that right Mr. Spaghetti Arms?

trollface.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim
    Because your back muscles are so epic that we need something to make fun of you for... Ain't that right Mr. Spaghetti Arms? trollface.
    Sarcasm????

Cool thx, like the jm press a lot.

Thread Information