Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Can I gain muscle this way?

TonyThaTyga is offline New Member

Can I gain muscle this way?

1) Okay, I was wondering if you pros out there could please help me. I have experienced the results of overtraining and receeded back to an normal guy, actually losing literally ALL my muscle before lol. Anywho I was wondering if you pros could tell me if the following routine is undertraining, overtraining, or dumb, or look for flaws in this routine for me please! Anything that could hinder gaining or anything missing that could increase speed of gaining. My routine will be(My past routine was every other day and I cut the upperbody routine in half, lol... desire.);
    ----------------------
    Day1
    60Lat reps
    60Chest reps
    60Medial delt reps
    ------------------------
    Day 2
    120 Calf reps(60 per angle)
    60 Forearm reps
    50 Ab reps with weight
    --------------------------------
    Day 3
    Cardio for 1mile+
    50Glute reps
    50 Quad reps
    ----------------------------------
    All moderately heavy weight
    Age; 19, Height; 5'10, Weight; 202lbs
    No sets or set exercises because I stop when i'm done and attempt to confuse muscles.
    No circuit training, I focus on an muscle group to damage it as effectively as possible.
    On test500/tren /dianabol .

My method for inducing muscle hypertrophy/growth is: Lift heavy weights and eat more energy than used, in order to get stronger and thus consequentially(hopefully) bigger.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I said will be because im currently getting rid of the 25lbs of peanut butter fat that I thought atleast some of would be muscle lol.
    Can you pros out there please point out any flaws in this routine for me pleassseee! I never want to overtrain again =( after seeing what it did.

2)Also, If im working different muscle groups can I even be overtraining? For example, say like say my workout is like 5hours but im working like 10 muscle groups(hypothetical). My upper body rroutine seems long enough to be overtraining1.8-2.3 hours), but I wonder if it is because ill be hitting three totally different muscle groups. Basically, okay so my workout is long but I worked different muscle groups so would it still be overtraining?
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-15-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Illogical structure

monster-ish is offline Associate Member
    IMHO you should be doing more if you want to gain muscle. Add 4-6 sets in there and try some heavier weight at lower reps (6-12) your training routine does not sound good at all to me if your looking to build muscle. Also your diet must be on point. "Train ridiculous eat meticulous" a good quote a friend of mine says

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why don't you lay out your full routine.

And why, if you are asking this, are you cycling.

I'm afraid of the response but can you answer the following

Age - 19?
    Height?
    Weight ?
    Bodyfat %
    Years training?
    Cycle history?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

That is my full routine, do you see something missing?
    And you seem to no more of the effects of steroids than I do. I haven't been doing this long enough to gauge their strength, if you meant why are you asking about heal time if you're cycling.

Height ; 5'10
    Weight; 202lbs
    Bodyfat %; About 13%
    Years training; 4 from football 1.5 individually
    Cycle history; First cycle of test 500/wkly, and deca . Have test/tren /dbol /arimidex in closet right now for after losing last 5lbs.

Really? The upper-body workout is like 2 hours worth, but thats where I really get confused, just because its a long workout does that mean its overtraining? The only reason its so long is because i'm working out other muscle groups! =(

Well yeah i'd like to only be eating meat. Especially since I just started working at youfit and theres like a wingstop and a zaxbys and burger king right next to it lol. I love it.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Age 19 have run a test/deca cycle and now tren on your 2nd. You know how much risk you are placing yourself at?

Here's some reading that you need to take in and understand.

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-steroids.html

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...ffect-you.html

You haven't posted a routine. You said you do 60 reps for lats. What exercises? How many sets? How many reps?

You're 202lbs at 12-13% bodyfat. If you lose 25lbs of fat you will be, well, dead. You will have zero fat left. So you either aren't 12-13% or you don't have 25lbs fat to lose. This should help

Can I gain muscle this way?-image.jpg

You should really be safe and stop your cycle. Run a pct and hope you haven't permanently damaged yourself.

What on cycle ancillaries are you running?

What is your planned PCT?

What is a glute rep? Do you mean hamstrings?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Hmmm... I've only blindly done what the dude who sells me the test has suggested, I don't doubt you iI would just be very surprised if he didn't know what he was talking about contrary to my presumption of him as like the steroid guru weighing like 260 something with like 12%BF. I will indeed read those articles.

And I said on there that I only have 5lbs left to lose and that I don't do sets or set exercises because I think stopping before failure stagnates the process of damaging the muscle, and I don't do set exercises because apparently the body adapts to workouts, so I do an number of exercises for the same muscle group, and occassionally add another exercise to that group of exercises. Can you answer this question, I imagine you are an veteran body-builder; Can I be overtraining if i'm working different muscle groups? For example, Day 1 definitely feels like overtraining because it was so long and hard... But only because I worked three muscle groups instead of two... Its so convenient for my schedule so i'm finding it difficult to just let it go.

And yeah dude the picture of the 12% guy lol, here i'll post a pic now.
    Can I gain muscle this way?-000_0024.jpg,
    I was flexing my abs, I weighed 220 in that pic, all the peanut butter went to my stomach and waist and I had to buy new pants. I weigh 202lbs now and my upper-body looks the same and I fit my pants better now.

I haven't really started the cycle btw I've been saving it for when I was done getting rid of PB fat.

Idk what cycle ancillaries or PCTs are so I don't have any lol...

And glutamus maximus I think, my ass lol.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-15-2015 at 03:25 PM.

bump

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Your dealer is going to sell you stuff. It's good stuff. But it's not stuff for beginners. They're very harsh compounds.

You don't know what pct is? Seriously? Or ancillaries? So you aren't controlling e2 or prolactin?

Read man. Read some more. Put the syringe down and fking read.

Lmfao. "Read man. Put the syringe down, and fking read."

Okay.

Oh. I just read up on those terms. I've already purchased arimidex as an "ancillaries", and my dealer just told me to he'd get me "HCG " "tomaxafil" and "hcg50" for $100. He probably had no idea I wasn't still juicing.

Assume there are plenty of threads on here for begginners. Definitely going to learn the basics.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good base but not 12%, closer to 15% but solid. Hopefully with the past cycles you dont end up with future issues but only time will tell. Sucks if you do because you will most likely loose all your gains and if you had focused naturally you might not have as much size as quickly but you would have zero risks.

Oh well we were all indestructible at that age. Many surgeries later I dont feel quite so indestructible anymore. Enjoy it while you can. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

I dont really understand why you are focusing on reps though. You should focus on sets.

I focus on reps because whenever I imagine stopping before I can't go on, it does not compute in my brain because I set the intent to damage the muscle... But i've no personal trainer certificate or anything, such is why I consult more experienced individuals.

You seem to be one yourself, so can I ask you, would you say that either the frequency/volume/intensity of that upper-body workout are too high? My dealer says I can do whatever I want but I believe have an mild post-traumatic stress disorder from losing literally all my muscle overtraining once lol. I'll be on test/tren /dbol though.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyThaTyga View Post
    1) Okay, I was wondering if you pros out there could please help me. I have experienced the results of overtraining and receeded back to an normal guy, actually losing literally ALL my muscle before lol. Anywho I was wondering if you pros could tell me if the following routine is undertraining, overtraining, or dumb, or look for flaws in this routine for me please! Anything that could hinder gaining or anything missing that could increase speed of gaining. My routine will be(My past routine was every other day and I cut the upperbody routine in half, lol... desire.);
    ----------------------
    Day1
    60Lat reps
    60Chest reps
    60Medial delt reps
    ------------------------
    Day 2
    120 Calf reps(60 per angle)
    60 Forearm reps
    50 Ab reps with weight
    --------------------------------
    Day 3
    Cardio for 1mile+
    50Glute reps
    50 Quad reps
    ----------------------------------
    All moderately heavy weight
    Age; 19, Height; 5'10, Weight; 202lbs
    No sets or set exercises because I stop when i'm done and attempt to confuse muscles.
    No circuit training, I focus on an muscle group to damage it as effectively as possible.
    On test500/tren /dianabol .

My method for inducing muscle hypertrophy/growth is: Lift heavy weights and eat more energy than used, in order to get stronger and thus consequentially(hopefully) bigger.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I said will be because im currently getting rid of the 25lbs of peanut butter fat that I thought atleast some of would be muscle lol.
    Can you pros out there please point out any flaws in this routine for me pleassseee! I never want to overtrain again =( after seeing what it did.

2)Also, If im working different muscle groups can I even be overtraining? For example, say like say my workout is like 5hours but im working like 10 muscle groups(hypothetical). My upper body rroutine seems long enough to be overtraining1.8-2.3 hours), but I wonder if it is because ill be hitting three totally different muscle groups. Basically, okay so my workout is long but I worked different muscle groups so would it still be overtraining?

What are your lift stats? (Squat, bench press, etc.)

What exercises do you do and for how many sets and reps?

What are your goals?

That's a very vague and weird looking routine...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim View Post
    What are your lift stats? (Squat, bench press, etc.)

What exercises do you do and for how many sets and reps?

What are your goals?

That's a very vague and weird looking routine...
    For my delts, I do side lateral raises, along with an variation of it with the cable bar that you can do upwright rows with. Upwright rows themselves. Delt curls.

Lats; Frontal lat pulldown, behind the neck lat pulldown, straight-arm pulldown, wide-grip pull ups, front arm pull ups more with names I don't know.

Chest; bench press, diamond pushups with weight on my back, dumbbell flyes, dumbbell push and twist etc...

When working an muscle group, I simply pull from my list of known exercises for the group and goto failure with heavy weight(3-8 reps). I might goto failure again with the heavy weight with the same exercise, or perhaps goto failure with heavy weight doing another exercise I know for the muscle group.

I goto failure with the heavy weight until 60 reps, rather than say 6x5, because I was impressed that the intent in muscle hypertrophy is to damage the muscle group for it to adapt to the weight via growth in size and strength, so I have attempted to optimize by minimizing stops or maximizing intensity.

I don't do sets of set exercises either because I was also impressed that muscles must not be allowed to quickly memorize and categorize exercises/movements for optimal growth, and so, do not perform the same exercises in the same order.

It may seem strange, but I have been training this way for the past few months with intent and reasons. If I heard of any good reasons for doing sets and set exercises that outweighed what reasons I have for training how I do, I would revert back to it.

My goal is to increase upper-body width so I can look and feel like what I perceive as a man, thus resolving many insecurites, and I want to impress coaches at football combines with an wide upper-body but still pass for a running-back staying below 220lbs.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-16-2015 at 11:50 AM.

I suppose my biggest question of all, is do you think that upperbody workout performed with just two days of rest before being repeated is overtraing is my question. Supplemented with dbol , test-500, and tren . I never want to let desire control me again.

Opening my mind to longer rest periods after getting out of high school.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-16-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyThaTyga View Post
    I suppose my biggest question of all, is do you think that upperbody workout performed with just two days of rest before being repeated is overtraing is my question. Supplemented with dbol , test-500, and tren . I never want to let desire control me again.

Opening my mind to longer rest periods after getting out of high school.
    If you don't overdue it with volume despite cycling it may be productive. This is a tough question to answer because everyone's recovery abilities, genetics, etc. are different. For me cycling or not its 4 days a week and I vary the volume, intensity and training style based on if I am on cycle or not.

treant is offline Junior Member
    Hey I'll just throw this out there.. It might be applicable.. maybe not..

But I saw an interview with Kali Muscle the other day where he was explaining why guys in prison are ****ing huge.. He said it has to do with the number of reps they do.. They do like 500 reps for chest each chest workout.. mad 100 rep drop sets and such.. big time pump.. tons of reps..

Hope that has you thinking from a different angle.. cheers!
    Last edited by treant; 03-16-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treant View Post

But I saw an interview with Kali Muscle the other day where he was explaining why guys in prison are ****ing huge.. He said it has to do with the number of reps they do.. They do like 500 reps for chest each chest workout.. mad 100 rep drop sets and such.. big time pump.. tons of reps..

I would take that with a grain of salt. Big guys are big mostly because of genetics, not a certain amount of reps.

So its hard to overtrain is what you're saying unless you're completely ignorant lol.

All i know is 120 chest reps, 120 side delt reps, and 120 lat reps every other day is overtraining LOL I lost all my muscle in a month doing that hahahaha. Gained it right back after halfing it and adding another rest day.

Well its the volume i've been worried about. It can be like 2 hours, but again its different muscle groups. This is the biggest question I have about overtraining, is whether its the time spent working out or the reps for the muscle group that dictates overtraining.

1. Honestly dont bother doing second cycle, wait another 2 years. Read this for now to see your mistakes http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html

2. You dont have to overtrain to grow. You can spend 50 mins in gym and grow like a mfer. HIT training style (dorian yates) look it up. Or even better read the thread "marcus's diary" in this forum. He is very elite.
    You ll know how to train without overtraining after reading 50 pages of Marcus's posts only

Trevis is offline Associate Member
    Overtrained? Maybe just lazy? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I would take that with a grain of salt. Big guys are big mostly because of genetics, not a certain amount of reps.
    But he was explaining why prison guys are big in general.. not just him.. i dont know.. seemed to make sense.. he said to focus on the pump and really engorge the muscle with blood and hit it with high reps..

Plus with the whole genetic thing.. its kind of an unprovable theory. you know what i mean? because if I end up getting big youd say "it was genetic". So the result will prove its... its like circular reasoning..

he is big so its genetic.. why? because only genetics can make you big.

see what i mean? Like if it WASNT genetics.. would you know that? or would you just take one look at him and say "its genetics" ?

Plus with the whole genetic thing.. its kind of an unprovable theory. you know what i mean? because if I end up getting big youd say "it was genetic". So the result will prove its... its like circular reasoning..

he is big so its genetic.. why? because only genetics can make you big.

see what i mean? Like if it WASNT genetics.. would you know that? or would you just take one look at him and say "its genetics" ?
    I don't see what you mean. There are guys who cycle the same, eat the same and train the same but don't grow the same. All of the top bodybuilders have incredible genetics coupled with hard work, dedication and cycling they look like they do. A Guy with average genetics will NEVER get to that level plain and simple.

Hmm.. But I meant the guys in jail who are big.. I was mentioning a video where Kali Muscle was explaining why guys in prison are jacked.. he said its cus they do ALOT of reps.. like 500 reps per chest workout.. stuff like that..

They aren't pro bodybuilders.. they are just guys who.. are in jail..

Hmm.. But I meant the guys in jail who are big.. I was mentioning a video where Kali Muscle was explaining why guys in prison are jacked.. he said its cus they do ALOT of reps.. like 500 reps per chest workout.. stuff like that..

They aren't pro bodybuilders.. they are just guys who.. are in jail..
    B/s........ that is nonsense. There is no science behind that and if you did grow on 500 reps per chest workout guess what? You would have to have great genetics because the average would be overtrained and injured. Don't believe everything you hear and see online.

Hey man I don't. I'm a skeptical ****ing guy.. In fact.. I don't believe you right now.. naw jk.. I donno. He seemed to know what he was talking about.. but so do you so.. yeah i guess I'll have to try it someday and see if it works..

the video is here.. he makes a strong point.. personal experience..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyaaDjUOcmQ

the video is here.. he makes a strong point.. personal experience..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyaaDjUOcmQ
    I have been training for 28 years and seen alot. Genetics will determine how much you grow .....period. You'll see.

Well that being the case I hope to **** I got good genetics

Well that being the case I hope to **** I got good genetics
    Train hard, eat right....put your nose to the grindstone and keep it there ......you will be the best you possible.
    treant likes this.

Thread Information