Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khazima

Thread: Question about strength

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member

Question about strength

Hello guys.I have question regarding strength.I am new to bodybuilding(started on May 15th 2014).When i started lifting,i did benchpress with 40kg,4 sets/10 reps,and now i went to 140 kg/4 sets/10 reps.So my question is:is there a limit of strength?
    P.S. I weight 80-82 kg

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    wut? u went from benching 40kilo to 140 in less than a year? WOW!

Yes of course there is a limit to strength, your body frame/genetics can only let you pack on so much muscle, everyone is different though. But since you just started you've got a long way to go before you hit your limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Synhax
    wut? u went from benching 40kilo to 140 in less than a year? WOW! Yes of course there is a limit to strength, your body frame/genetics can only let you pack on so much muscle, everyone is different though. But since you just started you've got a long way to go before you hit your limit.
    Lol..Today i did bench,1st set/light for warming,2nd/120 kg/10 reps,3rd/130/10 reps,4th/140/8reps(i can make a video and post it).
    So i was wandering if this is my limit,or maybe will be when i reach twice my weight!
    P.S. Till i reached at 90/100 kg,i never felt chest muscles,but now i do.

Nick147 is offline Associate Member
    No aas used?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Once you come close to doubling your bench and tripling squat/deadlift in bodyweight your strength gains will slow down. In fact you would have to train like a PL to make these types of lifts and train these specific lifts unless you were genetically gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick147
    No aas used?
    No aas,except september last year,i did 4 week anavar only cycle,30/40/50/50 mg

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Once you come close to doubling your bench and tripling squat/deadlift in bodyweight your strength gains will slow down. In fact you would have to train like a PL to make these types of lifts and train these specific lifts unless you were genetically gifted.
    Thanks BB,that's what i thought,cuz lately i tried to increase weight to 150kg,but i barely did 2 reps without help

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post
    Thanks BB,that's what i thought,cuz lately i tried to increase weight to 150kg,but i barely did 2 reps without help
    It takes time and your strength does not go up in a linear manner. That is why you need to change up your routines so you can progress and also allow for down periods to rest up a bit.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Putting up 150 for a double at 82kg in under a year is absolutely insane, i'm inclined to call BS. What's your squat and deadlift?
    rahulsingh265 likes this.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    Putting up 150 for a double at 82kg in under a year is absolutely insane, i'm inclined to call BS. What's your squat and deadlift?
    Why is it so hard to believe? People are strong straight off the bat, u may need what u need to get strong yet others dont! I dont think what he has said is far fetched at all. I think its bloody impressive tho

[email protected] can make a video doing it,and ive no reason to act as a tough guy here,cuz i live some 7000 miles away from you,so no reason for that!

[email protected] can make a video doing it,and ive no reason to act as a tough guy here,cuz i live some 7000 miles away from you,so no reason for that!
    Don't let it bother you. That's great and btw double or close to dbl bodyweight on the bench is impressive and it takes alot of guys a long time to accomplish it. I have a brother who has always had a naturally great bench and me.....not so much, I had to really work at it. There are many factors that go into being strong.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I said i'm inclined to call BS. I'm not saying i don't believe you, feel free to post a video. It's just insane to be hitting that after a year. You should definitely consider competing or competing in bench only if you don't have a decent squat and DL.

You're less than 45kg away from setting the world record for bench only @ under 83kg (in the International Powerlifting Federation).

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    I said i'm inclined to call BS. I'm not saying i don't believe you, feel free to post a video. It's just insane to be hitting that after a year. You should definitely consider competing or competing in bench only if you don't have a decent squat and DL.

You're less than 45kg away from setting the world record for bench only @ under 83kg (in the International Powerlifting Federation).
    I am alot older then you and have literally only seen a handful of these guys. They are out there so its possible and what's even more jaw dropping is watching them get under the bar and just "do it". Crazy.......

I said i'm inclined to call BS. I'm not saying i don't believe you, feel free to post a video. It's just insane to be hitting that after a year. You should definitely consider competing or competing in bench only if you don't have a decent squat and DL. You're less than 45kg away from setting the world record for bench only @ under 83kg (in the International Powerlifting Federation).
    Even guys in the gym don't believe that I'm not taking any aas,cuz they know when i started lifting and how fatty i was.
    I'll post a video this week probably..oh and right now i weight 79 kg cuz i'm in calorie deficit trying to cut.

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    Lol..Today i did bench,1st set/light for warming,2nd/120 kg/10 reps,3rd/130/10 reps,4th/140/8reps(i can make a video and post it).
    So i was wandering if this is my limit,or maybe will be when i reach twice my weight!
    P.S. Till i reached at 90/100 kg,i never felt chest muscles,but now i do.
    Damn impressive. Surprised you didnt feel chest from the get go, usually you're most sore at the very beginning when starting, but i guess everyone is different. Keep on pumping bro your just getting started, gonna be a beast with those genetics.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i agree. you're a mutant. and i mean that in the best sense of the word... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Synhax
    Damn impressive. Surprised you didnt feel chest from the get go, usually you're most sore at the very beginning when starting, but i guess everyone is different. Keep on pumping bro your just getting started, gonna be a beast with those genetics.
    Thanks Synhax.I didn't had time to log in a while.Btw I'm using albuterol,and i lost 4 kg of body weight,right now I'm at 78 from 82.I thought with albuterol you lose only fat,but i lost a lot more muscle,today i stopped using it.I wanna see if albuterol was to blame or the stress im going through lately.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314
    i agree. you're a mutant. and i mean that in the best sense of the word... :-)
    Lol...I promised a video to prove it(I'm not forced to do it,but i want to),but i was really stressed these days,plus i've some medical issues.On Monday I'll do chest and ill make a short video.
    Btw,do you guys count the bar also or only the weight on the bar?Cuz i do count the bar too lol

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    No aas,except september last year,i did 4 week anavar only cycle,30/40/50/50 mg
    Was this your first cycle ever? First with anavar ? How much strength did you gain during the cycle (including say 2 weeks after)?

Also when you were doing 40kg was this an actual physical limit for you or just not feeling like pushing yourself as hard as you could or holding yourself back for some other reason?
    Last edited by RewardingLabor; 04-04-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RewardingLabor
    Was this your first cycle ever? First with anavar? How much strength did you gain during the cycle (including say 2 weeks after)? Also when you were doing 40kg was this an actual physical limit for you or just not feeling like pushing yourself as hard as you could or holding yourself back for some other reason?
    Yes,it was my first and only cycle.I was a beginner,i had no clue for roids,so i stopped the cycle after a month.Strength was amazing,and that's why i had a back muscle injury,which is still causing me problems since then,and also i had good pumps while lifting,but that's all.
    I started with 40 kg bench press,and then every month i've add 10 kg,but when i have reached 140 has stopped,i tried 150 but i could barely lift 2 reps(when i mention the weight,i include the bar too).
    Right now my body weight is 78 kg.

Thread Information