Thread: Shoulder Pain

Shoulder Pain

So during my dbol and test cycle my strength shot through the roof. Being cocky I lifted like a mad man of course being as it was my first cycle. I don't think my body could keep up with the heavier weights I was lifting and ended up hurting my shoulders on over head presses. This has been two weeks ago. I've been taking it slow but it has affected most all my other workouts. Not sure what I should do. Try working the shoulders with super low weights to stretch them out? Stop all exercises that hurt? I'm lost here. Anything helps. Thanks

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    see a physical therpist - different protocols are best for different injuries. you can't go wrong resting it, but i understand losing the gains sucks.

if it's strained tendons/muscles, keep reps >20 and don't do an exercise that causes that bad pain (hope you can tell the difference).

if it's rotator cuff, you could try bands for fatiguing the muscles and getting blood flow - try googling rotator cuff physical therapy.

gl...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How wide do you press? Around shoulder width? Too wide and your shoulders will suffer. Always warm up your shoulders with some extremely light lateral raises (there are PT exercises you can use as well) the main point is that tiu warm up the shoulder girdle. Switch up your pressing routine Rep and weight wise as well as maybe switch to DB's for a bit ans try different ways : seated, standing, single, double, palms facing you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    see a physical therpist - different protocols are best for different injuries. you can't go wrong resting it, but i understand losing the gains sucks.

if it's strained tendons/muscles, keep reps >20 and don't do an exercise that causes that bad pain (hope you can tell the difference).

if it's rotator cuff, you could try bands for fatiguing the muscles and getting blood flow - try googling rotator cuff physical therapy.

gl...
    Yeah. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but the way it looks I may have too

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    How wide do you press? Around shoulder width? Too wide and your shoulders will suffer. Always warm up your shoulders with some extremely light lateral raises (there are PT exercises you can use as well) the main point is that tiu warm up the shoulder girdle. Switch up your pressing routine Rep and weight wise as well as maybe switch to DB's for a bit ans try different ways : seated, standing, single, double, palms facing you.
    Wide... Guess I learned my lesson.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post

Wide... Guess I learned my lesson.
    Yup......bring it in and I bet you feel way better. You will have to drop a little weight but eventually become way stronger at the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

Yup......bring it in and I bet you feel way better. You will have to drop a little weight but eventually become way stronger at the lift.
    Thanks

Thread Information