Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	156106

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150326_094828.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	156107

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your goals? Looks like more of a cutting routine to me. Will you be on cycle? Because that's a lot of volume. I would necessarily do flat bench twice a week unless your a PL doing a heavy day and later on the week a speed day . Even on a cut I only do one high rep set and the rest are in the 8 range. I am not a believer in high reps throughout..... But that's me.

Yes I'm cutting. And pinned my last dose of test this a.m. This routine was made for me by my trainer but I question the volume, that's why I'm reaching out to you guys.

Way toooooo much. Cut back to 80%. That workout is too much volume and you shouldn't be cutting now .....you should be in maintenance mode for a minimum 4-6 weeks. You will be sorry with that routine right now.

Already sorry. My shoulders have been f@&$ed for two weeks. That's why I asked here. Any ideas of what my routine should look like?

Take your cycle routine and drop an exercise and a set per exercise. Keep your weight at about 80 to 90% of what you were doing and most importantly......stay with this approach or you will just end up injured and really fvked up.

Gotcha.. thanks bro

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    I tried the push pull legs rest push pull legs rest and I developed some overuse injuries. Nothing serious but I had to drop back. Right now I'm trying one muscle group (4-5 exercises each) a day with one day of rest.

If you're on cycle maybe you'd be ok but it sounds like you experienced something similar. Since you're not anymore I definitely wouldn't do what you posted.

When my shoulders start acting up I do slightly more reps with light weight for chest and shoulders and go heavy everywhere else. Sometimes I even replace shoulder day with extra work for my left side pecs (or wherever I'm out of balance). Resting an overused muscle is really the only way to help it that I know of short of cortisone. I also ice heat repeat every 5 minutes for about an hour a day (probably the most boring thing in the universe but it really seems to help).

Thread Information