Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Are bodypart specialization programs pointless?

JohnnyJim is offline Banned

Are bodypart specialization programs pointless?

I'm "specializing" in my biceps and brachialis right now, but my original standard workout is like, Squats, bent-over rows, hang cleans, inclined bench presses, and a random isolation exercise.

I am aware that I may end up with a seriously imbalanced development, but that doesn't seem that hard to fix with these bodypart specialization programs.

Like, my chest may end up flat. No problem. I'd google what Arnold did for his chest and do one-third of the volume, and voila.

My triceps are small. No problem. I'd google Lee Priest and blah blah blah...

Did you guys ever used a bp spec program? What do you think of them?

RewardingLabor is offline Associate Member
    Are they pointless? I would have to guess you don't think so or why else would you be doing one?????

Coma is offline New Member
    I focused on building my triceps once. For roughly three months all I wanted was to increase the size and strength of them. I was able to do both, but noticed that my biceps were lacking because I would not focus on them as hard. I would assume that building up a certain body part would be very useful for folks getting ready for a show. I say assume, because I have never done a show and do not have room to talk about it. Otherwise, if your program matches your goal and you are getting results, you should continue doing it. With everyone's physiology being different, it may be pointless for you or it could just be the best thing you have ever done.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Balance.......... You need to work EVERY body part for optimum development. Not doing this will create lagging body parts that will only hurt you down the road. Make sure your program is well rounded.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ agree w/that... It also will affect your overall symmetry... Not good...

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^^AgreeX2. Not to mention it probably will create various muscle imbalances in your body that will cause injury and you may never correct. Do a balanced program and leave the specialization to when it's needed.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim View Post

I'm "specializing" in my biceps and brachialis right now, but my original standard workout is like, Squats, bent-over rows, hang cleans, inclined bench presses, and a random isolation exercise.

I am aware that I may end up with a seriously imbalanced development, but that doesn't seem that hard to fix with these bodypart specialization programs.

Like, my chest may end up flat. No problem. I'd google what Arnold did for his chest and do one-third of the volume, and voila.

My triceps are small. No problem. I'd google Lee Priest and blah blah blah...

Did you guys ever used a bp spec program? What do you think of them?
    as said above you defiantly have to have a well rounded training program,, also you can't just google arnolds workout plan and look like him hahahaha seriously its not that easy mate otherwise we would all be walking monsters.. a lot of muscle shape is also genetics, so if you do have a flat chest this could also be due to genetics rather than training program (not saying this is 100% of the time but it does play a big factor)

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kapper View Post
    as said above you defiantly have to have a well rounded training program,, also you can't just google arnolds workout plan and look like him hahahaha seriously its not that easy mate otherwise we would all be walking monsters.. a lot of muscle shape is also genetics, so if you do have a flat chest this could also be due to genetics rather than training program (not saying this is 100% of the time but it does play a big factor)
    Hi bro. I'm not trying to look like Arnold. I'm trying look more like Tom Platz.

BRB gonna do a Tom Platz workout ON TOP of my 4 days a week Smolov program.

But yeah. My genes are like, big legs (calves included), big back and small everything else.

I wanna have big biceps and forearms for once.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    I know how u feel, my shoulders, legs, traps and arms respond good to training but my chest doesnt lol

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Every hear the old saying if you dont train legs your upper body wont grow? It's true, everything needs to be symmetrical to grow properly or you will plateau quickly.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information