Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Cardio

Coma is offline New Member

Cardio

I have a dreaded cardio question. Typically I have been doing 10 to 15 minutes prior to working out as a warm up before stretching. Any thoughts on following a workout with more cardio or longer?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    I have a dreaded cardio question. Typically I have been doing 10 to 15 minutes prior to working out as a warm up before stretching. Any thoughts on following a workout with more cardio or longer?
    I do 40 minutes every day after i train keeping my heart rate below 130 bpm

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Depends on your goal(although I would always recommend at least 3 days of cardio)... While bulking I try and keep it at 3-4 days wkly 20-30 min sessions after weight training also at or around 130-140bpm... To lean out ill do it 5-6x wkly at 40-45 min(maybe two sessions a day as well when cutting)...

Awesome,

I have tried switching over to cardio after the workout, but always feel like I am starving by then. I switched to a small meal 45 minutes before the gym and this helped a bit. I will likely start hitting it twice a day after getting used to longer sessions. Thanks for the info as always.

Awesome,

I have tried switching over to cardio after the workout, but always feel like I am starving by then. I switched to a small meal 45 minutes before the gym and this helped a bit. I will likely start hitting it twice a day after getting used to longer sessions. Thanks for the info as always.
    I always eat 1 hour before i trian. My weight lifting gets done in 60-90 minutes max then 40 minutes cardio and its time to eat again
    Coma likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I always eat 1 hour before i trian. My weight lifting gets done in 60-90 minutes max then 40 minutes cardio and its time to eat again
    I used to not be able to eat much b4 the gym early am... But since changing to a decent size meal about an hour b4 has done wonders regarding energy(I mean it's a no brainer - but I wasn't dialed in like now) still have a long way to go... But I highly recommend fueling up b4 and immediately after!(Ill also bring a whey shk/BCAAs for immediately after a training session then eat another big breakfast)...

skaz915 is offline Member
    Right now I'm slightly cutting. Doing cardio 5-6 days a week. Before workout ill do 15 on treadmill at 3 to 3.5 mph at 15% incline then after I'll do 20 fairly easy minutes on the bike ( 5-6 miles). I save the bike for after because your sitting and i use that time to cruise the forum, such as now. Its a nice cool down after a workout

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Coma
    Well that's not much cardio. That's just a warmup. lol coming from a cardio bunny.

Sometimes ppl do fasted cardio in am and finds this helps to cut fat. I am going to try this 2 days a week for 25 min for next 10 weeks to see if it helps.

Good luck!

Unless your goal is to be extremely lean, there is no reason to be doing cardio twice a day, especially on a bulk. The only thing might be to increase appetite, as Jay Cutler has done in prep for his shows, and unless you are 250+ lbs of muscle, you don't need to be eating that much. The body adapts to what you are doing; it becomes more efficient. So if you are burning 1000 cals with 2 cardio sessions a day, and never change that, the body will adapt and start using energy more efficiently, resulting in less caloric burn, aka less results. 3x a week, 20-25 min a session, post workout, low intensity. Best IMO

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Awesome,

I also used to bring some oats w/me(if I'm increasing my cardio to cut just in case I'm hungry like your saying)... But if size strength and thickness us your goal than less cardio... But If your tryin to lean out up your cardio to at least 45 min in one session... And if you work up to two sessions a day you'll be golden on a cut!

And fasted cardio has helped me in the past but I just can't do my HIT training w/out a meal in me now... Different strokes...

I agree w/AKOG on a bulking diet(after weights 3x wkly 20-30min max at low intrnsity)!
    Coma likes this.

I always end up splitting between an elliptical and the stairs. I have found that when I jump on the treadmill, my HR skyrockets. It has been like that since I can remember, so I always try to slow things down and I am still hitting around 130bpm. I feel like I am hardly trying sometimes though. Anyone else experience this?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Does watching people do cardio during my workout count?....lol. I find that keeping my heart rate just in fat burning mode either fasted or at the end of a workout is all that's needed. Find a piece of equipment that you can tolerate and press start........must be the most boring thing I can think of doing, I find a jog to be much more enjoying but that's me.
    NACH3 likes this.

Irish_muscle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Does watching people do cardio during my workout count?....lol. I find that keeping my heart rate just in fat burning mode either fasted or at the end of a workout is all that's needed. Find a piece of equipment that you can tolerate and press start........must be the most boring thing I can think of doing, I find a jog to be much more enjoying but that's me.
    Totally agree for me cardio counts walking from the parking to the gym and back, should be enough

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    This is best ever workout I have ever found..and gives results quickly..I have begun doing it twice a day, and inside a week.......

TheFenrir is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    ^ Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    some people like it and some don't. I look forward to listening to my music while I walk on the treadmill

Sometimes I try to listen to an audio book. Then I feel like I am not focused enough on the workout itself.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    for warm up/cool down, 10 minutes is good...

for heart health, i understand all the benefits are achieved by 20 minutes. lastly, i understand that fat burning only starts after 20 minutes (give or take).

pending your cardio goals, your time is anywhere from 10 to a lot!

johnny the blade is offline Junior Member
    Cardio..... Does supersetting count?

Thread Information