Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By blakegains
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 2 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Best rep range for building mass?

frostfire is offline New Member

Best rep range for building mass?

On average what is the most common rep range that shows to have the best muscle mass gains, i hear alot of pro bodybuilders are in the 8-12 rep range, while powerlifters do 1-3 reps for strength, some like khali muscle do up to 30 reps which i didn't think could build much size. What rep range to you is the best for building mass and what rep ranges do the pros use.

blakegains is offline Junior Member
    Variety is the spice of life. I constantly switch up regime about every 12 weeks, sometimes sooner if I get bored or stop improving. Checkout the Marcus diaries thread for some new ideas on different routines, there is a lot to learn in there. Good luck buddy
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
    On average what is the most common rep range that shows to have the best muscle mass gains, i hear alot of pro bodybuilders are in the 8-12 rep range, while powerlifters do 1-3 reps for strength, some like khali muscle do up to 30 reps which i didn't think could build much size. What rep range to you is the best for building mass and what rep ranges do the pros use.
    12 reps is considered structural hypertrophy but for building size thickness mass 6-10(I'm finding 4-8 is doing wonders for strength and size... But like blakegains stated BBers constantly switch up routines rep ranges etc it needs to be done(your body can't continue HIT training b/c your CNS needs time to recover hence Deload wks etc

And I also do HIT! Since switching to HIT in Marcus' Diary, I've been making good gains(wkly on pretty much all lifts - especially the big ones
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-06-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    blakegains likes this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I agree with variety. While most will say fast twitch muscle has the most potential for growth and to keep in the low rep range I prefer a variety with each exercise. Like reverse pyramid sets.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I like 6-10 reps but the type f training is what seems to yield the best hypertrophy. HIT is something I def like for building mass. Forced reps, negatives, sets to failure and beyond. This all occurring between 6-10 reps seems to yield the best results for me personally.
    blakegains and NACH3 like this.

Thread Information