Charlie6 is offline Senior Member

Inner elbow pain (pic included)

Hi all, healthy 27 year old male, been lifting for a long time, and lately I've been having problems with my left inner elbow when I do pull ups (or cable pull downs) and bicep curls. As well, movements involving the forearm or lower bicep tend to irritate it (such as upper chest standing cable flys).

This has been happening for about 2 months now. I may ask my Dr. to X ray it, but before I do that, I thought I'd try to pick your guys' brains.

I was in a motorcycle accident several years ago and my left foot was destroyed and rebuilt, and since then I've had left-side problems with symmetry. Left side of body is less strong, less flexible, I always only wanna crack my left knuckles and wrist, and so on.

I've attached a pic with circled areas indicating pain spots.

Do you recommend a wrap for this? Can you think of other ways to remedy this besides constant icing? I'm doing some yoga once per week in hopes that this will help

Thank you!

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    For some reason I'm unable to upload my jpeg. I resized it and everything.

Anyways, the pain seems to be where tendons are connecting to my inner elbow. The fibers feel tight and tense, and painful and tough massaging seems to help it a bit.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    no pic came through. it sounds a bit like tendonitis. if it is tendonitis there are a series of fixes you can attempt:

1. change exercises or grips to prevent sharp pain
    2. for physical therapy, 20 reps or more of dumb bell curl in through orientations (supinated, neutral, pronated)
    3. use a tendon wrap with the pad over the sore area
    4. cortizone

if tendonitis is too far advanced and none of the above work, then rest until it calms down.

good luck

pitweiler is offline Member
    ^^^X2

Mine used to hurt in the same spot. Couldn't train without it, it hurt so bad. Get one of those wraps that go around your forearm. Right below your elbow. It should help a lot, if its tendinitis

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Sounds like your radial unlar tendon. This may sound like a shitty idea but take a decompression week. Just do cardio. throw a couple leg workouts in for the week. Spend an hour a day alternating from cold and hot compresses 800mg of ibuprofen, This might give you time to eliminate any inflammation.

Thread Information