Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boozer35

Thread: how do you keep strength after cycle

TheEspada is offline Junior Member

Question how do you keep strength after cycle

as the title says how do you guys keep your strength after cycle cause after i finished my cycle i lost most of the strength gains i made and it made me wonder if i cant keep that strength without steroids what to do since i have to take some time off to recover.

Boozer35 is offline Banned
    You need to adjust your training if you're losing strength post cycle. Some strength loss is ok but not much. Working with higher intensities and lower rep ranges can help. Reevaluate your training and make the necessary changes.

TheEspada is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer35 View Post
    You need to adjust your training if you're losing strength post cycle. Some strength loss is ok but not much. Working with higher intensities and lower rep ranges can help. Reevaluate your training and make the necessary changes.
    i always work in 5rep ranges for big moves like squats bench deadlift OHP and 8-12 reps for the isolation movements but after cycle i lost most of my strength and felt like shit :S

Boozer35 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEspada View Post
    i always work in 5rep ranges for big moves like squats bench deadlift OHP and 8-12 reps for the isolation movements but after cycle i lost most of my strength and felt like shit :S
    Work with singles, doubles, triples, and sets of 5 for the big lifts. Look up Prilepin's chart and how it's used to figure out reps and sets for a given Intensity to progress strength. There's more to it than just rep ranges also but this is a starting point to figure out what needs to be changed for you.
    TheEspada likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's something you have to deal with. You can shoot for a percentage of what you do for max poundages but you need to be careful. This is the perfect time for an injury due to denial. If you can do your heaviest set at 90% of your on cycle best, then that's great. I would even try to cycle that Max into a 3 week rotation as to not over due it. If you struggle week after week to chase your old poundages, you will get hurt. Stimulate, dont anialate.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    You can't expect to keep all your strength post cycle, you just have to work to build back up to those poundages. It will take some time but it is possible.

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    After cycle the weakness often comes from your mind.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The key to keeping yours gains is to continue to eat in a manner that will support your increased mass and strength. You can't go back to how you ate before the cycle.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    More importantly what was your cycle and PCT top to bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKirk
    After cycle the weakness often comes from your mind.
    And the lack of testosterone !

Genetics will ultimately determine what you keep and where your strength will end up. Doing the right things in terms of training changes, well thought out pct and a solid diet with a good work ethic are the things that you the lifter can control and will give you the best chance at the most favorable outcome.....for you.

Thread Information