MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

Help incorporating front squats...

I just started front squatting and like the change from the back squat. Does the front squat have a place in a solid leg workout?

If so maybe someone can help me incorporate it in my current leg workout. Should I just throw it in, drop another movement, etc.?

Here is my current leg workout.

Back squats: warm ups 3 sets, working sets 3x5-8
    Leg press: 4x10-12
    Extensions: 3x12-15
    Hack squats: 3x10-12
    Stiff leg deads: 3x10-12
    Standing calf raises: 4x10-15

Whole thing takes 60-75 min.

Thinking I would have to drop something, maybe hacks. Not sure. Any ideas would be helpful. Cheers!

Moto

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could def swap hack squats out for front squats.......why not. They are a great exercise as well as very humbling. I can't do big weight on them and part of my problem is hand placement. I basically bury the bar in my clavicle and cross my arms to hold the bar.....some guys are limber enough to grab the bar like an Olympic lifter would and not cross his arms but bring his elbows up and his hands are touching his clavicle , I'm just not flexible enough.

MisterRogers is offline Junior Member
    I would swap out hack squats I generally swap between front squats overhead squats and high bar back squats every couple of weeks just add one in and take one out it keeps things fresh

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    You could def swap hack squats out for front squats.......why not. They are a great exercise as well as very humbling. I can't do big weight on them and part of my problem is hand placement. I basically bury the bar in my clavicle and cross my arms to hold the bar.....some guys are limber enough to grab the bar like an Olympic lifter would and not cross his arms but bring his elbows up and his hands are touching his clavicle , I'm just not flexible enough.
    I have the same wrist flexibility issue, I tried the crossed arms style but the bar always ended up leaning and throwing my balance off. I started using lifting straps and find it much easier. there are a bunch of videos on youtube if you haven't seen that style before. Made life much easier for me

Moto

I agree with the above.
    Ditch the hack squats and add in front squats.

Thread Information